Does Dropping a year in B.Sc Physics hurt your career considerably?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Hi Guys
I am pursuing B.Sc in Physics (Currently 2nd Year) from the college at my hometown.
I gave my Part 2 (Paper 3 and Paper 4) examinations this week and they were terrible to say the least and i'm convinced that i'd fail.

So i am considering dropping this year altogether and appear for the Part 2 examinations again next year as i need a good overall percentage to get in at any good university for my M.Sc studies.
And also due to the fact that everything i learn in 2nd year is directly worked upon in 3rd year, if i drag myself through with this my basics would suffer.

My friends/classmates are saying that dropping a year would have no impact on my career in the long run, as long as i get a good overall/aggregate percentage (>60 %).

However my family is against the idea, as i have been a good student and they can't get their heads around the fact that i am Dropping a year.
My Brother a successful software Engineer at Infosys is totally against the idea and says that maybe my future employers would sideline me due to this academic setback.
However I think that the hit i'd take with bad marks would prove to be more of a setback in the long run.

So, what do i do?

rst

Youngling
1. percentage is required if you want to do MSc. in good university
2. Also there are entrance test for MSc. in good university

But dropping a year looks like negative thinking

Top Bottom