Do you feel that technology websites are highly abnormal focus on mobile phones?

Stella Moscato

Right off the assembly line
Finding a laptop review from India is a nightmare. It is possible that 1 in every 100 samples are reviewed ever. The only search results for reviews are crap from seller sites like Amazon or Flipkart.

Where are Indian tech sites really when it comes to looking at laptops, motherboards, graphics cards and other technology products? Why are they all doing mobile phones, cell phones and more mobile phones?

Evaluation of special laptops from international sites is not good for us because of the different technical specifications and operating conditions (manufacturers play this game the same name / model but different Large specs of actual specifications and exact models are sold in India) found anywhere else)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Finding a laptop review from India is a nightmare. It is possible that 1 in every 100 samples are reviewed ever. The only search results for reviews are crap from seller sites like Amazon or Flipkart.

Where are Indian tech sites really when it comes to looking at laptops, motherboards, graphics cards and other technology products? Why are they all doing mobile phones, cell phones and more mobile phones?

Evaluation of special laptops from international sites is not good for us because of the different technical specifications and operating conditions (manufacturers play this game the same name / model but different Large specs of actual specifications and exact models are sold in India) found anywhere else)
Actually it's very easy to find any kind of device but what defeats the purpose is that what we get here for the price we can get the same elsewhere at a low price.

The import and customs duties are eating away the purpose here.

I hope govt is watching and does the thing for us end users some good in the future.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
> Mobile phones are highly popular. A family of 5 might need only one computer but each needs a separate phone.

> Reviewing mobile phones are easy and doesn't require as much technical expertise as required for reviewing computer components.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I actually have had the same thought. While I was doing research on a small laptop/notebook, I found out that the only Indian sources where the comments on Flipkart/Amazon etc.

Seems like Digit too has lost interest in it. And there is no other authentic source in India other than Digit so no competition to keep them on their toes.

EDIT: Very thoughtful post for a first one OP. I hope this is an actual discussion and not the foundation for something else later on.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Reviewing mobiles is easy. That's why every tech blogger out there is on to it.
For the reviews of Laptops though, we are only dependent on what digit reviews. And they mostly reviewed high end gaming laptops.

I guess user reviews are the only way to know about pros or cons of laptops in India. Also if lucky you may find review of a laptop for some non Indian variant model of the model you are looking for, but atleast there are available.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
  1. Mobiles sell more.
  2. Newer models are launched frequently.
  3. People change phones far more frequently than laptops.
Hence Mobile reviews have more demand due to which Indian tech sites focus on Mobiles more.

Top Bottom