Do you feel that technology websites are focussing abnormally high on mobiles?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Searching for a laptop review from India is a nightmare. May be 1 in 100 models get reviewed ever. The only search results for reviews are crap from seller sites such as Amazon or Flipkart.

Where are the true Indian technology sites when it comes to reviewing laptops, motherboards, graphic cards and other tech products? Why all they do is mobiles, mobiles and more mobiles?

Laptop reviews in particular from international websites are no good for us because of differing specs and or running conditions.(manufacturers play this game where the name/model is same but there is a huge difference in actual specs and exact models sold in India are not found anywhere else)

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Had to go through this last year while buying a laptop. In end had to make a choice with gut feeling and some advice from digitians.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
A common man whose budget is 10-20k could do his day to day tasks and then some more on a phone than on a laptop in the same budget. So, mobiles become a point of focus for tech sites and every other costlier electronics gets lesser coverage.

As for India either the laptops are absurdly overpriced or those which should've been lower priced models, get marketed as "gaming" laptops (ULV crap dual core i7s with ddr3 low end amd/nvidia gpus). To review such hardware again and again is not worth the time invested. India is still a dumping ground for laptops from majority of the OEMs.

Dell has TN panel on the 7567 sold here compared to IPS in the USA and it is priced 50% higher. MSI India laptop pricing has always been insane. Acer has good build quality in the USA but this can't be said for their same models in India. Asus, Lenovo, HP crapped all over the higher budget models (70k+ for a 1050 non-ti laptop and no ssd). Leaving alienware out since we already know they are not worth the premium in India. Then there are custom laptops from www.azom.system which use clevo barebones but over the time, even their prices have increased.

While I've been trying to contact Gigabyte India for availability of their P55Wv7-KL2 (saw it on a newegg bundle for 1199$ here: GIGABYTE P55Wv7-KL2 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop + Gaming Bundle - Intel Core i7-7700HQ, Nvidia GTX 1060, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD Win 10 (Black)-Newegg.com), I haven't received any reply yet. So, can't say how their pricing is in India.

All in all I can say it is pretty expensive if you want to purchase good PC/laptop hardware in India.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
very true buddy, i used to browse forum for computer and other tech discussion, but now i only see mobile realted topics on top, also laptop scene is very bad in india, we still dont get full hd ips screen on laptop i bang my head on wall everytime i think about it, and we are major IT country what a contradiction

Top Bottom