Do disabling some apps free up some ram?

akki585

Broken In
Do disabling some apps free up some ram.Like Disabling Chrome in settings will free up some ram or not?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Disabling some apps lets you NOT use the app if you want to use it. It can surely free up some RAM by not remaining in memory but it won't save any space on the Internal memory.

Btw, which phone you have?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
android kills apps that are not in use for long time or when ram is required (if chrome is inactive and you fire up a heavy game, chrome will be killed to recover the unused memory) but disabling them won't improve the free ram status in any noticeable way. if a game lagged due to lack of ram, it'll lag even if you disable all kind of unused apps. most apps kill background services to free up ram as soon as you exit them.

$hadow

Geek in making
Larger size and ram consumption compared to other browser.

I like coz of the reason that it sync all my passwords and account info to all my devices. I rarely remember my passwords now coz of this. But I am yet to see any impact on ram consumption. Plus in Android L chrome is going to have the tabs tabbed in recent menu super fun to use. No other browser is providing that.

- - - Updated - - -

android kills apps that are not in use for long time or when ram is required (if chrome is inactive and you fire up a heavy game, chrome will be killed to recover the unused memory) but disabling them won't improve the free ram status in any noticeable way. if a game lagged due to lack of ram, it'll lag even if you disable all kind of unused apps. most apps kill background services to free up ram as soon as you exit them.

The CM Cleaner offers some ram boost thing. I never tried it any input on that?

promo87

Broken In
Do disabling some apps free up some ram.Like Disabling Chrome in settings will free up some ram or not?

Well, yes disabling apps do frees up RAM but remember to check which app you are disabling because there aren't an number of app which is consuming most of the RAM and app like Google Chrome is something which you don't want to do, I know it consumes too much space over the RAM but I guess it's just to give you distinguishing experience which can't be observed with other browsers. Anyway disabling Chrome do works out great ! You can also try using some RAM cleaner app available over the store, it can help you in clearing the RAM periodically, so you don't need to disable the application again and again after using them out !

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Chrome is the worst browser I have ever used on Android. The best one was Galaxy S2's stock Gingerbread browser, that time it even used to support flash, ****ing Google ruined it :(

Chrome is the worst browser I have ever used on Android. The best one was Galaxy S2's stock Gingerbread browser, that time it even used to support flash, ****ing Google ruined it :(

Nowadays HTML 5 is widely adopted, so many of the videos n all play in the browser itself

Top Bottom