Divide unallocated disk space to existing partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunb

Working in an IT company
I hav 2 partitions: drive C(physical drive) & D(logical drive), each having a disk space of 20 GB. I will b installing a new hard disk of 80 GB soon. My aim is to divide & distribute that 80 GB space equally to my exisiting partitions(C & D) so that the new total space of the 2 drives becomes 60 GB each. I dont want to create any extra drive E or whatever. How do i do that ? I know that i will hav to do this from Disk Management in windows Xp but i dont know the exact procedure. Can any1 help me with this ?

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I am not very sure but i think this cannot be done. Using space from two different Hard disks n sharing it on one partition pretty doubtfull

suman2005

Broken In
Check out Acronis Disk Director Suite it may be able to do what you want...

*ssl.saversoftware.co.uk/details-647.htm

The suite includes the Acronis Partition Expert product which allows you to automatically or manually merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage and much more.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah you can install magic partition and do this and surely it can be dont and is very easy in windows vista bt you must be using xp so install
partition magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom