display problem in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekgod

Journeyman
One day i was carrying out a virus scan(Kaspersky) and chatting away on my messenger when suddenly everything hanged,explorer shut down and when it restarted i saw my scan was still runnig,but the 3d appearance of XP has changed to 2D.i cant get it back in any way now. infact none of the other user acoounts have that 3d effect in Xp. how do i get it back?i have an athlon xp 2000+ on an ASUS A7n266vm mobo with 256 mb ram.i'm runnig xp sp2.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
can u explain a bit??? i mean what do u mean 3D has changed 2 2D??? r u sayin that the XP style has been changed 2 classic style??? or something else???

OP
G

geekgod

Journeyman
well, not exactly. what happened is that the typical 3-dimensional blue taskbars and window heads have become flat.the taskbar is somewhat yellowish,but not gray as in the classic theme,and the window heads look like the type we had in dosbased programs running in win 98,solid blue but with no fades unlike in classic theme.in fact, when i change the theme to classic theme,it changes correctly and behaves normally.when i change it back to default theme,i get the theme i described earlier.

hope i could make myself clear...plz help me :( :(

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- sys restore to previous date
- check display settings
- reinstall video drivers
- run chkdsk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom