Discussion: Brands with fully online warranty process

Jags

Journeyman
Hi,

A short question: Which brands offer a complete online warranty process so as to avoid visiting a physical service center?

A bit of context/background, less than 3 months back I bought a Logitech M190 wireless mouse for Rs800 and the scroll wheel started behaving weirdly. It would randomly scroll up when scrolling down and the left click started double-clicking (seems like a pretty common issue in general based). I was told by their customer care to bring the mouse to the nearest service center. I don't think I have patience to spend 3-4hrs in a service centre for a Rs800 mouse!
I started looking for a new mouse and came across AmazonBasics wireless mouse with 1yr warranty. I thought it would be better to check their warranty process since Amazon does not have physical presence for consumers related stuff. The Cloudtail customer care told me that you just send an email and process is fully online. Some executive will visit you or replacement/refund will be issued. All in all, I dont have to leave my house to claim the warranty. :-D

I thought I should ask the digit community about other brands they are aware of that offers full online warranty process. I am specifically asking for warranty process of mouse but we can extend the discussion to include other products as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
Jags

Jags

Journeyman
I think DELL & HP also has online warranty
Just checked Dell website for a random wireless mouse, they have a "carry-in service locator" on their website:
*www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/en-in/contactus/product/dell-wireless-mouse-wm126?lwp=rt

Looks similar with HP: Contact Official HP® Support – India | HP® Customer Support. They also have service centers.

I think they have onsite warranty for things like Laptops and Printers.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dell replaced my Monitor at home 4 years back.
I just tweeted them the issue (reason doesn't matter here) want to emphasize that at least Dell provides door-to-door warranty service that I know of.

OP
Jags

Jags

Journeyman
Dell replaced my Monitor at home 4 years back.
I just tweeted them the issue (reason doesn't matter here) want to emphasize that at least Dell provides door-to-door warranty service that I know of.
I guess for onsite warranty the product type matters. Looks like Dell and HP offers onsite for Laptops, Printers and Monitors. I doubt they will do the same for low priced items like wireless mouse and keyboards. I will try to call up their customer care tomorrow and confirm.

But with AmazonBasics I can be sure of getting a full online warranty for all their products, simply because they don't have any offline service centers.
I may have to compromise on overall product quality coz they seems to offer slightly cheaper versions (both in-terms of cost and build quality) of popular products from other brands (based on reviews I have been reading about their wireless mouse).

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Western Digital for me had a very good online warranty service, you obviously have to drop your hdd at a nearby location (or collect from home) if your city qualifies.

OP
Jags

Jags

Journeyman
So my little wireless mouse hunt took me to a Croma store near my place. After doing online shopping for so long I had kind of forgotten about upside of offline stores.

Few things which I liked:
1. The sales guy told me that in case an issue comes with a product (during warranty), I could just drop them off at their store. Either Croma will give me a replacement or co-ordinate with brand's service centre to get it fixed/replaced. I don't know how well this claim will play out incase of an issue but I was relived to hear that atleast for small items like mouse I don't have to run to brand's service centre and spend half a day waiting in line.

2. They had decent variety of wireless mouses. I was surprised to see Logitech MX master 3 on demo and I could finally test how well that mouse fits my palm. (I loved how my palm rested completely on it). They also had few HP, Lenovo and a lesser known brand called Targus. Since Targus had a 3 year warranty, I just went with that.

3. I was looking for a full-sized palm grip mouse. I found this too be quite difficult based on half-ass'ed specs online! In Croma store some of the mouses were in the transparent casing so I atleast got an idea on how big they were.

What could have been better:
1. I wish they had more variety in demo but I guess few demo pieces are better than online's 0.

Top Bottom