DirectX: When, Why and What

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
DirectX is very necessary I know that, but why is it so necessary. What itdoes, what are its requirements. And most importantly, why is it used in Nero-7?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well, wat version of nero u hv ?? if its not ver 7 (Nero 7) then u will be having a different version of nero,

btw u wanna ask in general abt the requirement of DX in ur PC then the wiki link is jus the correct answer...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
DirectX is very necessary I know that, but why is it so necessary. What itdoes, what are its requirements. And most importantly, why is it used in Nero-7?

its very very necessary...
the 3D games,Sound...textures..bitmapping etc r all bcoz of DX....
u can its the basic building block of Windows OS :cool:

if u wanna check it by urself...how imp it is...just uninstall it then c wat happens :D

OP
hjpotter92

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I don't have it installed and everything is perfect. I can play GTA VC, Spider Man 2 The Game and a lot more games.... LOL

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

goto run and type dxdiag
and see if anything pops up !!

also, Direct X is installed by default (wen the OS is installed) correct me if im wrong..

Last edited:
OP
hjpotter92

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Well, my question was that why is it needed in Nero? I don't have Nero Vision, Showtime or any of that rubbish. And, I can't find the place to uninstall DX8.0

Zangetsu

Well, my question was that why is it needed in Nero? I don't have Nero Vision, Showtime or any of that rubbish. And, I can't find the place to uninstall DX8.0

Search in nero.com mayb u get ur ans...
there is a tool for removing the DX....just google...its called DX eradicater...but beware...& b ready 2 face the consequences..bfore u uninstall...:mrgreen:

Why are you hell bent on removing directX? :???:
It is a crucial component of your PC's UI, without which, well, you try if you must :rolleyes:
Regarding GTA, Spiderman, etc,
They are running on your PC (but not at optimum I guess) as you have DirectX 8.0 installed.
Check out this link for a detailed explanation of DirectX (it's old, but the fundas are the same)
*www.d-silence.com/feature.php?id=254

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
For that, I have DX 8.0 in my PC, and as per the requirements of GTAVC it wants DX 9.0

well, see tats wat i told in my earlier post (tat itsa must to hv DX onto ur system and its installed by default by the OS) also .net framework apart from many other s/ws..

AND brother, having an older version of DX does not mean u DO NOT hv DX.. :) all the games WILL play on ur PC coz they can atleast detect a DX be it an older version too.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Zangetsu

well, see tats wat i told in my earlier post (tat itsa must to hv DX onto ur system and its installed by default by the OS) also .net framework apart from many other s/ws..

AND brother, having an older version of DX does not mean u DO NOT hv DX.. :) all the games WILL play on ur PC coz they can atleast detect a DX be it an older version too.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

aur ye baat potter ke bheje main kyun nahi ghusti yaar...:mad::evil:

Lekin, jab usski min. requirement DX 9.0 hai, toh fir woh DX 8 par kyun chalta hai?
Dude, can you run the game with all effects on and without any lag?
This is not possible unless you update DirectX. (and your RAM, gfx card, etc..but thats a separate story)
The game is running on your PC (for now) as you atleast have 8.0 installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom