The Devil's Advocate
i read somewher tht dx games cannot b played on linux ... any care to elaborate

eddie

El mooooo
AFAIK NFS Carbon is a DirectX game?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56336

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I really dont like the tone of the thread starter. Gives me doubts about the motives behind this thread. Anyway, most of the DirectX based games can be played on linux.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well iv been trying to make games run on salx for the past 4 days but to no success ... iv also started a thread for sppme1 to help me as to how to install gfx card drivers coz i think i made a mistake ther

kalpik

Hmm.. It would have helped if you posted your exact problem with the name of your linux distribution, gfx card model, hardware etc.. Instead of just posting "dx games cannot b played on linux"

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
linux distro: slax kill bill edition
gfx card: nvidia fx 5200
hardware: p4

i downloaded the drivers compiled them and skipped the last step of automatically updating xorg.conf, the problem when i try gfxinfo in the konsole, it doesnt show me my gfx card and while trying to run games it shows no pixel shader, gfx ram 0 etc. which means the drivers havnt installed

kalpik

Hmm.. you would have to update your xorg.conf..
Use su to get root user access, then do nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf (remember, linux is case sensitive) and change the driver from "nv" to "nvidia" under section Device.

kalpik

You can also do kate /etc/X11/xorg.conf if you are not very familiar with commang line and nano. Kate a gui text editor.

On a side note, if you wanna try an "out of the box" distro, try out sabayon linux.. Has drivers, beryl, games, codecs etc everything installed by default. Its much better for people who are trying to "evaluate" linux and find out its strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom