DirectX 10 would run only on Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

montylee

Journeyman
Sad News for gamers...

Micorosoft will release DirectX 10 only for Windows Vista. This means that those who have Windows XP or Windows 98 would not be able to use DirectX 10.

Here is an article on the same:
*www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060525104034.html

Really bad strategy from Microsoft to sell its new OS.

Microsoft always does that...

Further, DirectX 10 will not be backward-compatible as earlier DirectX versions. It will provide backward-compatibility only thru software emulation which means that the performance of current games based on DirectX 9.0C may be affected.

*news.softpedia.com/news/DirectX-10-and-so-it-ends-7762.shtml

Bad...

Microsoft sucks!!!

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
montylee / comrade / onlytanmoy - "Microsoft Sucks" - yet i bet all of u 3 are using windows operating systems from Microsoft ??

Nothing will happen to microsoft or any other company for that matter if a bunch of ppl says it suck in forums.

I read the articles about directX 10 and yeah - its a sad news for gamers like me. But it surely doesn't mean microsoft sucks.

I use windows vista beta 2 - and in boot screen it only says - Microsoft Window @ 2006. Something tells me this OS will be the only release from microsoft for a longggg time. And giving everything in it, is a good idea not only for microsoft but for end-users like us too. Think about it.

peace.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup man... VISTA rox..
and neways if ur r using 98 then u have a low end system so ats the use of directx10...

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
PrinceHeart said:
montylee / comrade / onlytanmoy - "Microsoft Sucks" - yet i bet all of u 3 are using windows operating systems from Microsoft ??

Nothing will happen to microsoft or any other company for that matter if a bunch of ppl says it suck in forums.

Sorry to disappoint u PrinceHeart but i essentially use GNU/Linux. My little sister uses Windows and i only use it to play games on it, that's why i am very disappointed to hear that DirectX 10 will run only on Windows Vista. This means ppl have to first buy Vista and then only they can play the latest games.
This is a really bad strategy to sell ur product.

In the late 90's microsoft suppressed OpenGL which is still acknowledged the API of choice for cross-platform 3D programming. By suppressing OpenGL when all the other major vendors were supporting it (including Microsoft) and introducing their own API, they tried (and succedeed) in forcing the developers to develop games using DirectX which run only on Windows. That's why you don't see many games on GNU/Linux or Solaris.

PrinceHeart said:

Surely nothing will happen to Microsoft but this thread can create awareness about the type of monopoly and tricks which these companies use to sell their product and gain hold of the market.

Now tell me does Microsoft suck or not!!!

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think they will surely release it for XP too.
Correct me if I'm wrong, they also announced that WMP 11 will only be available in VISTA but soon they released it for XP too.

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
Lets hope that they release it on XP too otherwise i'll have to buy PS3 just like i had bought PS2 earlier.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
rahul_becks23 said:
direct x of couse will be only on Vista,everyone knew that long before.

But no one posted and this dood did :)

Really sad to know that DX10 will only work on Vista.. :( bad bad MS

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Get the PS3 montylee - Im planning to get it too. Then we can share the games :) Forget PC games !!

Btw - Microsoft ROCKS !! Using it since `98 as billions of other users all over this planet. Maybe some martians use it too ;)

Last edited:
OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
PrinceHeart said:
Get the PS3 montylee - Im planning to get it too. Then we can share the games :) Forget PC games !!

But the problem is that the games will cost a hell... still i can dream abt owning it...

PrinceHeart

In the zone
montylee said:
But the problem is that the games will cost a hell... still i can dream abt owning it...

I said about sharing. Let the PS3 be out. Then im trying to find someone who will get PS3 too. And we can share the games.

Its like u buy 1 original game - play it and i will buy half price. I will buy a game - play it and u will buy half price. So with half price, we both can play. Or if there is some 3rd/4th person in this group. We can all play the game with 1/4 the original price.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I have seen some game preview from gamespot.com and believe me you would like to play those games someday, even if u have to share it with others. I don't mind doing that myself, and i will get some money back also. Which is a good point.

So when is PS3 is going to launch ?? Give it to me !!

OP
montylee

montylee

Journeyman
The worldwide launch date is November i suppose. It would take some time for it to be available in India. Yup, i have seen the videos especially "18 Days" and "Assassin's Creed". Both look fabolous...

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Microsoft is not dumb ass guys they don't put their hard work just to satisfy few people they even think beyond than this you guys are concerned about DX10 which currently runs on VISTA. Yeah It's true (so far) and why Microsoft has decided to launch it only for VISTA? Probably bacause It needs a better graphic card support. There's 50-50 chance that you have a advaced graphic card on other Windows O/S's but If you're using VISTA you'll sure have to have one, and this is how you can get true experience of DX10 and your graphic card's both acutal strenght. And dunna worry about games guys those game making company's are not dumb as well they will certainly make sure that their games runs on DX9.0c as well after all they wanna make money too.;) It's all about choice guys If you want best then ya have to lose your pocket for sure. Microsoft Rocks!!! And after using It's O/S's for so long I can say It deserves It cost. They're not forcing ya It's all up to you so stop bleming 'em.:cool:

Enjoy

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
Finally. Somebody who doesn't slam Microsoft. Although I won't say that Microsoft is trash, I'm not exactly on the best of terms with them. Anyway. It's understandable, that DX10 is not released for XP. As all gamers upgrade their rigs almost constantly, just consider this another upgrade to be made. If you believe that Microsoft is monopolizing the market (so say I as well), make a difference.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I think, the digit mods should close down old thread, just to keep this forum clean, when all of us agrees on the same thing. And im glad to see everyone here is working out all nicely :)

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom