512 MB ram
200gb SATA
80gb PATA

My OS is WinXp with services pack 2 integrated

i got all my drivers n other things in place

PROBLEM
i got direct X 9.0b installed

i downloaded directX9.0c from microsoft
but after installing it i was not able to run the programs for which i needed the dX9.0c
So i diagnosed it and in dxdiag command ifound the diectx file qasf.dll was having some problem.
i even tried searching the qasf.dll and replacing it with the latest downloaded version of the same file.
I had updated my drivers for graphics as well.

plese help me out

bharathbala2003

why need title?
try reinstalling Direct X9.0C totally from another new source.. like sum month Digit DVD... that could help it.. else degrade to 9.0b and then do it from the new source..

avikbose

Right off the assembly line
use a direct x removal tool to completely rip off the directx from ur system and then reinstall directx9.0c . Do a search for directx removal tool in google and u should find one. But make sure that u back up ur data properly coz if the removal tool doesn't work properly , then u will have to reinstall the os

OP
J

johny_4board

Broken In
direct x problem unsolved

hi brothers
i got a major problem here
I got a directX problem please reply if u can help

I got
p4 2.8 gh HT
intel915 motherboard
512 MB ram
200gb SATA
80gb PATA

My OS is WinXp with services pack 2 integrated

i got all my drivers n other things in place

PROBLEM
i got direct X 9.0b installed

i downloaded directX9.0c from microsoft
but after installing it i was not able to run the programs for which i needed the dX9.0c
So i diagnosed it and in dxdiag command ifound the diectx file qasf.dll was having some problem.
i even tried searching the qasf.dll and replacing it with the latest downloaded version of the same file.
I had updated my drivers for graphics as well.

Some suggestions i got
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18887&highlight=

i removed DirectX from my system n resinstalled the directX 9.0c from C**P Cd, but it seems to be failing as earlier setups from microsoft even.
i noted a point, wenever i try to install it, it mere takes 2 seconds and say directX compnents sucessfully installed( i know, this can't be done that fast)

please help me bhai logo.................please

johny

D

dinesh_singh

it takes 2 seconds to install coz it is installed already....it wont overwrite anything.it shows that it wasnt removed.
have u removed your directx with any softare like directx remover....coz u can remove it any other way.this way is risky too.
so there are 2 solutions
1:- remove ur current dx with dx cleaner or remover.u can find one by searching over google.
there are seperate directx cleaner for diff versions.
and then install the dx 9c again.it will work.

2:-format c and reinstall everything.
this is the ultimate solution to every windows problem....and this time backup ur windows by norton ghost and make the bootable cd with ghost.

next time in problem just format c and backup ur windows with ghost.

post me if this isnt solved by sol number 1

OP
J

johny_4board

Broken In
dinesh_singh said:
it takes 2 seconds to install coz it is installed already....it wont overwrite anything.it shows that it wasnt removed.
have u removed your directx with any softare like directx remover....coz u can remove it any other way.this way is risky too.
so there are 2 solutions
1:- remove ur current dx with dx cleaner or remover.u can find one by searching over google.
there are seperate directx cleaner for diff versions.
and then install the dx 9c again.it will work.

2:-format c and reinstall everything.
this is the ultimate solution to every windows problem....and this time backup ur windows by norton ghost and make the bootable cd with ghost.

next time in problem just format c and backup ur windows with ghost.

post me if this isnt solved by sol number 1

thnx bro
as i said i had already tried the version 1 of ur solution, it didnt wurked
BTW i will be thankful if u detail the steps instead of google n the other things. name a software u know n used. and where can i get the ghost and btw my c: with winXP is 30 gbs .making backups seem no viable option.

thnkx
johny

expertno.1

Technomancer
if there is a back up problem then do this

copy all the important files to the other drivre
and then reinstall xp

for ur problem i have a solution here

reinstall xp
it will install direct x 8
now install direct 9.0c from the digit dvd

reinstalling will not delete any other file except windows components

in this way ur problem will be solved

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Please dont create duplicate threads for the same problem.. You'll be confused by different answeres too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom