Dilemma Over laptop purchase(AMD trinity A8 vs intel 3rd gen i5)

saiki4116

Broken In
I want to buy a laptop for my brother during dushera/diwali.My budget is 35000-45000.He is engineering(instrumentation) 2nd year student.His requirements would be

1.mostly Multimedia
2.matlab,simulink,multisim,other simulation software for VLSI and Embedded Systems.
3.Converting Videos for watching in mobiles
4.browsing
5.office..reading through PPT's ,PDF etc
6.Ubuntu for specific networking application(using Ubuntu through a VM or directly installing it)
7.Gaming like conventional titles NFS,COD,Counter Strike,FIFA,Resident EVil...

I have gone through many reviews on AMD trinity processors.In all the reviews,they have gone through some extensive benchmarks and bashing that trinity A10 is not even good enough with some 2nd gen i5 in terms of CPU performence.What I want to know is the real world performence difference between thoose two(trinity a8 and 3rd gen i5,both with discrete graphics),like if you use a i5 and i7 system,you wont find a difference until you launch a multiple VMs,but we could easily see the difference between an i3 and i5 even in general usage.Which of the them would be the better config for the above requirements.

1.3rd gen i5+gt630M
2.3rd gen i5+7670M
3.trinty A8+7670M

4G more RAM,Hard disk size does not matter.
Does trintiy processors hold an edge in battery life compared to ivy bridge processors?

duke123

In the zone
haha g6 2005ax comes at 32k and can satisfy all your requirements....
obviously 3rd gen i5+7670M would be better( but not that much ) but it will > 42K....
its your call ...

arick

Broken In
I5 is better cos i had the same problem!
A8 cannot do much multitasking .
I5 is powerfull and much user friendly.
Everything depends on your buying range
If u can expand ur budget around to 43k go for dell inspiron 15r 500gb hddand 1gb radeon 7670m
or go for hp infinity a8 around 33k.

Top Bottom