Dilemma between 2 laptop

veb

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (around 40K)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• 14" or 15"

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

• General usage, Documentation, watching movie, casual gaming (counter strike)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

• i have narrowed down to 2 laptop
  • [h=1]HP 14-AM081TU 14-inch Laptop[/h]
  • [h=1]HP Notebook - 15-ay008tx[/h]

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP, LENOVO
b. Dislike:---

6) Anything else you would like to say?

I want suggestion for the below mentioned two laptop
1)
HP 14-AM081TU 14-inch Laptop *www.amazon.in/dp/B01HXRFT94
2)HP Notebook - 15-ay008tx *www.hpshopping.in/hp_notebook_-_15-ay008tx

which one i should go for?
Should i opt for bigger screen and Graphics card or settle for 14" without graphics card?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
the price difference is just 2k. I would say go for HP15-AY008TX, as it has 1080p screen and a dedicated GPU. You can install Ubuntu and then you are good to go.
Just to know, what confusion do you have?

OP
V

veb

Broken In
The thing is ,
I am not much of a gamer, so i was preferring to go for laptop without graphics card .Also it has 14" screen , hence i was hoping that the battery will last longer than the other HP 15" laptop.
Whereas the AY008TX has bigger screen and graphics card. do probably battery will drain fast. Also i want to know is the GPU good? as i haven't seen it on many laptop.
2K price difference is not much , so i am not bothered about it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
i read slightly about the the r5-m430, its just the entry level GPU. though for CS, it should be ok.
Apart from that, if you are concerned about the battery then goin for the other lap will be better as you mentioned the 1080p screen will take more battery.

If you carry your lap around alot and generally not near a plug pioint then go with first option. if you use your laptop for heavy usage or for long duration mostly at home only ,then go for the 2nd option as you can charge easily if you are at home

- - - Updated - - -

Buy HP 15-Ay008tx 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 6200U/4 GB DDR4/1TB/DOS/2 GB Dedicated Graphics), Natural Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i
same laptop with lesser resolution of 1366 x 768

hmmm. now its even more confusing.

OP
V

veb

Broken In
Ya correct...
any other suggestions in this price range ?
How is this one
Buy Lenovo Ideapad 300 80Q700UGIN 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10/2GB Graphics), Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^this one is having older GPU for the same price, R5-M330. The HP one above had r5 M430.

And ideapad is having DDR3L but not DDR4. Suppose in future(say after 1year) if you want to upgrade your RAM, it will be hard to find DDR3L modules(not sure though). DDR4 is future proof(for sure).

- - - Updated - - -

i will request other forum members to suggest alternatives for the above mentioned options

OP
V

veb

Broken In
i read slightly about the the r5-m430, its just the entry level GPU. though for CS, it should be ok.
Apart from that, if you are concerned about the battery then goin for the other lap will be better as you mentioned the 1080p screen will take more battery.

If you carry your lap around alot and generally not near a plug pioint then go with first option. if you use your laptop for heavy usage or for long duration mostly at home only ,then go for the 2nd option as you can charge easily if you are at home

- - - Updated - - -

Buy HP 15-Ay008tx 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 6200U/4 GB DDR4/1TB/DOS/2 GB Dedicated Graphics), Natural Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i
same laptop with lesser resolution of 1366 x 768

hmmm. now its even more confusing.

Check the link again .. screen resolution is showing as 1920 x 1080.

Also the same laptop AY008TX is now not available at HP site. They are saying HP have discontinued this model and AY007tx model. So now i am back to square one..:angry_NF:

Any other laptop suggestion??

Top Bottom