diff between 6270 and N70/71

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit_at_stg

Broken In
hi i want to purchase mobile either 6270 that comes accompanied with 512 mb card and N71/71, i hardly find any difference between the two, can you plz compare the two handset

Pathik

Google Bot
r u mad... take the n70....
6270 is a s40v2 fone... while n70 is a s60os8.1 fone....
n70 is 3G too....

Official Techie

In the zone
i see no comparison between them n 70 cam is very good and series 80 i suppose now softwares are not made for s40 which is in 6270 and the loudspeaker of n70 is veryvery loud indeed i have heard it but u could also try w800i or 3250 though of all these i wuld pu tmy bet on W800i

Pathik

Google Bot
@above n70 is nt s80....
and softwares r available for both.... but 6270 supports only java ones... while n70 supports both java n sis

Pathik

Google Bot
thats the sis ones u r talkin abt......
and java softwares r plenty but cant match to sis ones......
so dont even think ....jus take a n70

aadipa

Padawan
I and trying to write in non technical words.

S40 and S60 are just user interfaces in the phone.

S40 phones are powered by Nokia proprietary OS, which allows Java applications/games to run.

S60 phones are running Symbian OS, which besides java, also allows native applications (sis files). Native applications can have more control over the phone OS, so they can tweak your phone. But more control also allows viruses and spy wares.

Newer version of S40, viz. S40 3rd edition, and S40 3rd edition feature pack 1, can provide most of the features programmer need to make applications in native languages, like allowing access to file system through java and 3D games.

S40 and S60 and being developed side by side and there is nothing like S40 is older than S60. Applications/games are also made for both, but at present, there are few java applications using full power of S40, while S60 applications are at mature level.

Take S60 phone if you want to tweak it, and install Symbian files on it. On the other hand take S40 if you want comparatively faster UI and safety from viruses.

SE W800i supports only java applications. Only P series from SE, P800/P900/P910/P990 and new phones like M600 and W950 run on Symbian OS and allows native applications.

nik_for_you

In the zone
@aadipa .. true speeking man

ther is nothing like old and new with them ..

but n70 is more powerful then 6270.

cam of 6270 is not so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom