Dialup With Linux ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlAsTeR

Broken In
can any one tell me how to get in to great world of world wide web with so called secure and virus free Linux.

My Linux is not detecting the internal modem.
Are any driver available for dlink modems ?????

I am using Redhat 9.0 , PIII , dlink internal modem .

:?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?:

IG

Journeyman
goto www.linmodems.org and download the sacnmodem tool.also download the readme. open them in red hat and run the tool.once run it will generate txt files that will tell u what chipset ur mdem uses.just follow the link provided and download the drivers.only thing is to install the drivers u should have ur kernel source installed.hope this helps.if u need the scan modem tool and readme,pm me with ur mail id and i''ll send them across.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
BlAsTeR said:
can any one tell me how to get in to great world of world wide web with so called secure and virus free Linux.
Promise me here itself, that you will never ever use a proprietary operating system...

BlAsTeR said:
My Linux is not detecting the internal modem.
Are any driver available for dlink modems ?????

Internal Modems are not really true modems, in the sense that they use software instruction set to work... whereas external modems have firmware installed onto the chipset itslelf...

Much more information or driver kits for particular chipsets can be obtained at:

-> Taken From: linmodems.org

* *www.heby.de/ltmodem Lucent/Agere modem resources Manufacturer names of Lucent or Xircom may be displayed by the query "lspci -vv". These may be supported. The Lucent AMR modems are definitely not supported.
* *developer.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm Intel HaM driver
* *www-124.ibm.com/acpmodem/ IBM's Mwave modem driver for Thinkpad 600E and newer laptops. This is new modem card format, neither ISA or PCI.
* *linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux/ Jan's PCTel Resources
* *www.linuxant.com/drivers/ Linuxant offers the latest and greatest general purpose Conexant drivers for Linux.
* *walbran.org/sean/linux/stodolsk/linux111.zip Driver for ESS ISA Modems. Only for earlier 2.2 kernel versions.
* For 3COM/US Robotics Inc. winmodems, drivers were NOT available as of May, 2001.

For more information visit : www.linmodems.org

You can also download and install the soft modem driver form the motorola website
< *www.motorola.com/softmodem/driver.htm >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom