desktop weird behaviour

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
desktop of my laptop has gone blank. if i click on taskbar or right click on desktop, it shows all icons. after closing that window or dialog box, it goes blank again.
it is windows 10 home edition.
bitdefender free has not reported any virus.
tablet mode is off.
show desktop icons is on.
run sfc & it said it restored corrupt files.
checked and there is no new update.
what could be the reason?
thanks.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Was system restore on C: ever enabled? If so is there a system restore point to try to fallback on?

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks friends. i tried but it didn't work. i then uninstalled and reinstalled graphics driver and it worked.

i didn't notice another issue which was present -
if tried to write a post in whatsapp web / facebook, it refreshed the window.

there was external logitech keyboard connected on usb since some of the keys of the laptop have stopped working. i removed it and it started working.
since sister again confiscated and started working on it with on screen keyboard, i am unable to test it with another keyboard or the second usb port..

patkim

Cyborg Agent
When you say refresh Window, I understand it as same behavior as if you press F5 to refresh the currently loaded webpage.
Check if HW Acceleration is enabled in Edge/Chrome or any other browser that you are using and try to disable that and check again.

Try typing each and every key one by one in address bar or any other text box on website like FB and see if any of the keys are randomly getting mapped to F5.
May be it's time for the laptop to get serviced or replace the keyboard. Or you may take it to nearby repair center where they are likely to haver a spare USB KB to test it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom