Desktop processor and motherboard specifically for transcoding audio.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Capture.PNG

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think that first one does not have igpu while the second one has.

If I want to buy first one which motherboard suitable for it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Carefully go through the links, both have iGPU

For motherboard LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Ok thanks for your clarification does this processor has integrated graphics.

Which motherboard is having best features and durability among asus and gigabyte

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Ok thanks for your clarification does this processor has integrated graphics.

Which motherboard is having best features and durability among asus and gigabyte

It depends on your budget and your requirements

Edit i realise this is your thread. Let me give you some recommendation real quick. sorry for minor fooling around.

I think if you just need a PC for audio transcoding, going for a higher end processor wont benefit you much. I'd say buy a cheap second hand rig from a good 2nd/3rd gen i3 era processor.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Intel chipsets come starting with
Q or Z or B or H

What does the above mean.

Q, Z, B, H signify the added functionality of the motherboards. All of them will fit your processor fine and can be used for regular tasks just fine. Higher end, Z series boards usually have better mosfets and better cooling of VRMs but these arent really applicable for you as you wont be using it intensely (via overclocking)

Usually H series mobos are the cheapest and have the most basic functionality, like single PciE slot, 4-6 sata slots etc. But they should be adequate for you. B series usually one step above them.

You also need to decide what form factor you need to buy, i.e. should it be microATX or ATX. This is the actual size of the motherboard, regular ATX have more PCIE slots, and functionality, but for you a microatx board should do just fine.

Also, both X410 and X510 series motherboards can accomodate 10th gen processors but X510 might need a bios update (do this locally from store)

Look for something like H410M and choose your favorite manufacturer. Can go with ASUS, or wait for others to provide proper recommendation. Im not familar with PC space hardware now.

quicky008

Technomancer
yes,but there wont be any tangible benefits of doing that.

before buying though,check whether its compatible with 10th gen or not.Some h510 mobos may require a bios update to work with 10th gen cpus.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Someone suggested as below

Due to GPU shortage and exorbitant gpu prices, the Chips with integrated graphics are in high demand (3200g/3400g etc). So the prices have skyrocketed for these chips. If you dont wish to run ant graphics intensive applications the try to get a 10400f from intel with a basic motherboard. The chip does not have a igpu so a dedicated graphics card need to be added. Something like the GT710 will do the job.

quicky008

Technomancer
you dont need an i5 for music transcoding-an i3 10100 will suffice.moreover it has a built in igpu,so you wont have to buy a separate graphics card like gt 710(dont get the i3 10100F however-it lacks onboard graphics).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Audio transcoding for consumer level applications generally happens in software, with programs like ffmpeg and the associated codecs doing a fine job. Even your bulldozer chip can handle it.

You do not need a hardware DSP for transcoding.

Also I strongly advise against converting MP3s to MPEG-4 audio streams (.m4a is the extension of that), where I presume the actual encoding format is AAC, since you mention a reduction of file size. You are taking a lossy signal and telling the encoder that you want to compress it even more even if it means even more information is lost in the process.

Instead, if you have access to the lossless sources (CDs, FLAC/ALAC files etc) consider transcoding from them into one of the new age lossy formats like opus, which do a damn good job.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Audio transcoding for consumer level applications generally happens in software, with programs like ffmpeg and the associated codecs doing a fine job. Even your bulldozer chip can handle it.

You do not need a hardware DSP for transcoding.

Thanks for your clarification. My current system is not working properly and so I want to buy a new PC

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Thanks for your clarification. My current system is not working properly and so I want to buy a new PC

Sure, I'm just saying that you don't need to worry about it too much. Even a potato level system will do audio transcoding just fine.

Only thing is you should avoid lossy->lossy transcodes and prefer lossless->lossy if saving space is really a concern.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I am going to buy ryzen 3 3200G and gigabyte b450 aorus pro motherboard with 8 gb ram.

At present I am using old pc ie., AMD fx processor with frontech 600 watts smps.

Can I use my old ATX cabinet and smps for new system.

Can you suggest which is best among gigabyte b450 aorus pro motherboard and asus b450 tus motherboard

May I know whether gigabyte b450 aorus pro motherboard is ultra durable or not.

In the spec page of asus b450 tus motherboard they specified that it consists of millitary grade components like capacitors and resistors etc.,.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Please have a look at the following two motherboard specs

*www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-B450-PRO-GAMING/techspec/

*www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/sp#sp

Please try to suggest which is best for ryzen 3 3200g with durability in concern.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi if I buy any processor from amd ryzen family without iGPU can I use Radeon HD 7300 graphics card.

Is there any reduction in quality of output file generated by encoder x265. Can I use free sync option in ffmpeg tool with x265.

Radeon HD 7300 graphics card costs less. I don't want to watch any 4k movies on my system and so I have taken this decision.

Top Bottom