Desktop Build with NVIDIA GTX1070/1080

krish_techie

Broken In
So as the much hyped GTX1070/1080 will be avialable in india soon, why not discuss about a build that consisits of 1070/1080 in various budgets. Just the desktop build ..no Monitors and peripherals .. Lets dicuss some good motherbards that support it and processors that can assist.This can be some thing like a dream setup rather than budget oriented one.
I might not be building a pc anytime soon but if i ever consider one this would be my preffered choice. So Suggest some good gaming builds that can be a little future proof and play every game in ULTRA/High settings.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
So as the much hyped GTX1070/1080 will be avialable in india soon, why not discuss about a build that consisits of 1070/1080 in various budgets. Just the desktop build ..no Monitors and peripherals .. Lets dicuss some good motherbards that support it and processors that can assist.This can be some thing like a dream setup rather than budget oriented one.
I might not be building a pc anytime soon but if i ever consider one this would be my preffered choice. So Suggest some good gaming builds that can be a little future proof and play every game in ULTRA/High settings.

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D

lot of variables undefined. How much are you willing to spend ?
What resolution you will be running games at ?
1070 & 1080 can both run games at Ultra (1080, 1440p).

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
lot of variables undefined. How much are you willing to spend ?
What resolution you will be running games at ?
1070 & 1080 can both run games at Ultra (1080, 1440p).

I wanted this to be something like dream setup. So no budget limitations.
If you really want a cap on budget then maybe 1.5 to 2.0 L.
Coming to rsolution ..how about 4k gaming ?

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
PC with GTX 1080:

Case: Cooler Master Stryker
Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E - BX80648I75820K
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400Mhz
Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M
GPU: MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G Graphic Card
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 SL
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD - MZ-75E250BW
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: CoolerMaster V850 Watt

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
dream budget, it can get ridiculous. 25 lakhs is a good budget.

if you have unlimited budget, speakers will cost you 100 crores.
you can pay somebody to make you custom motherboard. AMD can you make you one, like they will do for xbox, ps5. Instead it will be perhaps 100 GPU in SLI, your engineers will create custom driver to support it. And your cpu, custom from Intel, 1000 cores.

so essentially a billion dollars.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In

you can pay somebody to make you custom motherboard. AMD can you make you one, like they will do for xbox, ps5. Instead it will be perhaps 100 GPU in SLI, your engineers will create custom driver to support it. And your cpu, custom from Intel, 1000 cores.

lol..dude.. i said dream pc ..not dream budget ..i know you can get speakers for 100 crores..my intention was to build something reasonable with the best configuration possible..my intention was not to hire engineers :p ..i was just looking at the best components a consumer can buy..

- - - Updated - - -

Since Many of you are not clear what i was explaining ..let me put up a config which i saw in some website..most of these components are not available in india..so im looking for something similar to this ..

Intel i7-5930k processor
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU cooler
ASUS X99-A Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Ram sticks
Intel 750 Series 480GB SSD
SeaaGate 2TB HDD
ASUS GTX 1080 graphic card- Coming Soon
Corsair RMX 850w PSU
Fractal Design Define S - Case

- - - Updated - - -

PC with GTX 1080:

Case: Cooler Master Stryker
Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E - BX80648I75820K
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400Mhz
Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M
GPU: MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G Graphic Card
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 SL
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD - MZ-75E250BW
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: CoolerMaster V850 Watt

Are all these parts avialable in india ?
if possible can you link these..

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
I think if you are making a 1070/1080 build and plan on 1080p resolutions.
Getting a good monitor is a special necessecity.
Because lots of 1080p monitors available, but getting ones with 144Hz+ will be the key.
Some I would specify
1)Vg248qe
2)2411Z
3)XL2420G
4)XB2411H

And If the Asus releases their 1080 ROG, any time soon.

WRT 1440p gaming you are pretty much stuck to 60Hz until you go for couple of High enders like the ASUS Swift Acer Predators.

Also wrt to 4K gaming, I won't put my money into a 4K monitor until I see the performance upgrades of 1180/1080Ti.

So until now I don't think 4K should be a resolution of choice for Gaming for another 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

This is easily one of the most retarded answer I have ever seen.
Its nice if you read the entire thread before posting such bold but unreasonable answers.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
I think if you are making a 1070/1080 build and plan on 1080p resolutions.
Getting a good monitor is a special necessecity.
Because lots of 1080p monitors available, but getting ones with 144Hz+ will be the key.
Some I would specify
1)Vg248qe
2)2411Z
3)XL2420G
4)XB2411H

And If the Asus releases their 1080 ROG, any time soon.

WRT 1440p gaming you are pretty much stuck to 60Hz until you go for couple of High enders like the ASUS Swift Acer Predators.

Also wrt to 4K gaming, I won't put my money into a 4K monitor until I see the performance upgrades of 1180/1080Ti.

So until now I don't think 4K should be a resolution of choice for Gaming for another 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

This is easily one of the most retarded answer I have ever seen.
Its nice if you read the entire thread before posting such bold but unreasonable answers.

Ya ..4k gaming is not yet mainstream.. so that's the reason i quoted only for the components ...will not invest in a 4k monitor any time soon..but the components we buy must handle 4k when it becomes mainstream...
The components mentioned by rakesh looks good..

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Ya ..4k gaming is not yet mainstream.. so that's the reason i quoted only for the components ...will not invest in a 4k monitor any time soon..but the components we buy must handle 4k when it becomes mainstream...
The components mentioned by rakesh looks good..
I don't think 4K gaming will become mainstream for the next 3 year...Maybe volta would push it to where 1440p stands now after 1070/1080.
But in the realms of 1080p equivalence for 4K.Its going to be for 3years.
Even 4K TVs haven't become mainstream, even though they the run at much lower refresh rates and have high input lag compared to monitors.
So building 4K monitors,for the purpose of mainstreaming it is a long long wait.

Top Bottom