Designer workstation and gaming pc. Budget: 100k

Honeydew

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Its mainly for my designing works.I will using softwares like 3ds max,maya,photoshop,aftereffects,etc.And also for occational gaming.Games like Battlefield,Gta,Doom etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Budget is 1lakh,can be extended to 10k more.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yes,But nothing mutch since i will be stickinng with stock cooler

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 10.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1Tb mechanical drive and a 120 gig ssd boot drive.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Actually want to build a dual monitor setup.Any size 1080p monitor with really good color reproduction that fits in my budget.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard,mouse,os,speakers i am not going to buy.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Preferably next month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:probably and assembler,cause i never built any desktop.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Delhi.parts will be purchased locally from Neheru place.Not really looking forword to buy online,but will consider.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i have some components in my mind, but will need your suggetion.
proce:Amd Ryzen 1700-25k
cooler:stock
mobo:need suggetion.
ram:CORSAIR RAM VENGEANCE LPX 16GB DDR4 2400MHZ-6100(although i read somewhere that ryzen chips need higher clocked rams to work better)
ssd:CORSAIR INTERNAL 2.5-INCH SATA 3.0 SSD FORCE SERIES 120GB -3835
hdd:WESTERN DIGITAL (WD) HARD DISK 1 TB SATA BLUE -3600
Gfx card: ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1070 MINI 8GB GDDR5 -35000
psu:ANTEC SMPS VP550P - 550 WATT 80 PLUS CERTIFICATION PSU-3900(is it good,will this be enough)
cabinet: Need suggestion.(Good aesthetics needed)
Monitor:Need dual monitor suggestion.

THANK YOU.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For motherboard, don't get Asus at the moment. It seems they have dropped the ball this time, at least on their top-end motherboard.

Whatever motherboard you buy, check RAM compatibility on the spec page and buy ONLY those kits.

Good choice with Ryzen. :thumbs:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get an ultrawide 21:9 1080p monitor instead of two separate 1080p monitors. It will save space and money while improving productivity.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Point noted about asus mobos,but will a b350 chip set mobo be sufficient to overclock,or do i have to get x370? [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

which monitor do you suggest? [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Point noted about asus mobos,but will a b350 chip set mobo be sufficient to overclock,or do i have to get x370? [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]
Everything's cool with B350 as far as overclocking is concerned. Just that SLI is not supported on it, but very rarely anyone uses multi-GPU.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -103K

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 -25000,
MSI B350 Tomahawk -12000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
Seasonic S12II 620w -6000,
Antec GX300 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Zotac GTX1070 8GB Mini -35000,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD -5500,
TOTAL -1,03,000.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Budget -112K

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 -25000,
Asus Prime X370-Pro -13000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 2400Mhz -8500,
Seasonic M12II 620w Evo -7000,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Zotac GTX1070 8GB Mini -35000,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD -7000,
TOTAL -1,12,000.

Very interesting build,but the thing is i originally had 100k budget, and the 10k increase is only for the dual monitor setup.
I can do without the 250 gb ssd,120gb for now will be fine.,do i really need a x370 mobo(and its asus one,which acording to [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] is not really good),i found in amd ryzen chips works best with 3000 to 3200 mhz ram,do i need it,can do without a muduler psu, and lastly 2 really good productivity monitor [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] suggested ultrwide but i have no experience with ultrawide and honestly to me the 25" 21:9 monitor looks kind a small,so pls suggest what would be best dual monitors or ultrawide or something else entirely.
Thank you.
P.S. i couldnt find the spec alpha in suggested price point the lowest i found was 5.4k in md.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Very interesting build,but the thing is i originally had 100k budget, and the 10k increase is only for the dual monitor setup.
I can do without the 250 gb ssd,120gb for now will be fine.,do i really need a x370 mobo(and its asus one,which acording to [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] is not really good),i found in amd ryzen chips works best with 3000 to 3200 mhz ram,do i need it,can do without a muduler psu, and lastly 2 really good productivity monitor [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] suggested ultrwide but i have no experience with ultrawide and honestly to me the 25" 21:9 monitor looks kind a small,so pls suggest what would be best dual monitors or ultrawide or something else entirely.
Thank you.
P.S. i couldnt find the spec alpha in suggested price point the lowest i found was 5.4k in md.
I updated the table according to your needs. Just check it.

I don't think Asus is a bad one since it's the top of the class with great mobos.
The one I suggested earlier X370 Asus Mobo is a great one which is the cheapest in it's class.

Don't go with any one members views buddy. Just the reviews in the net and decide for yourself.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Thanks for the quick reply,the build looks perfect now.The only thing i am confused about is the monitor.I found out that the one you suggested is really good,but i was really bent on getting dual monitors and now ultrawide also seems a good choice,but the only ultrawide that fits in my budget are lg 25" panels.So what should i do buy 2 of the lg22mp68vq-p or a ultrawide?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for the quick reply,the build looks perfect now.The only thing i am confused about is the monitor.I found out that the one you suggested is really good,but i was really bent on getting dual monitors and now ultrawide also seems a good choice,but the only ultrawide that fits in my budget are lg 25" panels.So what should i do buy 2 of the lg22mp68vq-p or a ultrawide?

Get 2 monitors for dual monitor setup.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
120GB won't be enough and you won't save substantially compared to the 250GB. X370 Mobos really don't bring much to the table over the B350, I am using the Prime B350 plus myself. If you're opting for AMD GPUs, you can use 2 GPUs. For RAM, look for RAMs with Samsung B Die. Hynix Chips aren't doing well on Ryzen.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] just checked, that's a very nice deal! However, they are charging Rs. 600 extra for shipping in case of buyer from NCR. Still, nice deal for local buyers.

Top Bottom