Dell XPS 15 Query & Sandy-Bridge Questions

Crhysis

Right off the assembly line
@sameer.pur - Thanks much. The XPS 15 just went back on sale on dell.co.in this evening. However they don't have the option to configure it with the i7 processors yet, only the i3 and i5 for now.

OP
sameer.pur

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
yeah.. looks like they've got stock.. but it's 1st gen only for now..
they'll just add 2nd gen proc. options when it releases here. :)
It also reads 2nd gen. processors in the XPS 15 description there.. :D

reddead

LoSt!
jsut checked dell Malaysia site and the dell xps l502x i7 SB prices starting at 56k,same as l501x so i guess there wont be any price diff in india too...
sweet deal,getting it in month or 2:grin:

Crhysis

Don't know if we will see Sandy Bridge processors here that soon. I spoke to Dell again and they said no news of it as yet, but they did confirm that the 1st gen i7 processors available on the 29th of March.

Crhysis

Update: Spoke to Dell today they said that the XPS 15 with 2nd Gen i7 will be available by the 29th of March.

Of course earlier this week he told me that it would be 1st Gen i7. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Crhysis

Dell XPS 15 with i3, i5 and i7 Sandy Bridge processors now available on Dell India website
Dell XPS 15 Laptop Details | Dell India

DMD007

WTF yaar...they have put i5-2410 (2.3 ghz), i7-2630(2 ghz)..
whr the hell i7-2620, 2720??????
m really disappointed..i was eagerly waiting for this launch..

Broken In
Can anyone tell me if there is any price difference between laptops from india and UK...? I want to buy xps15 (with SB) from UK but dont know if there is international warranty on it. Can anyone pls help me?

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Dell has international warranty. You'll just have to fill up a form at their website.

And there is a huge price difference between India & US (can't say about UK). But unless someone brings it with himself, you're going to pay a lot of money as custom duties & shipping charges. That will be more than what you'll pay if you buy it in India.

DMD007

ya dats true..its lot cheaper in US and btw if someone is not coming from der then which are the safe ways to get one from US? i mean like DHL service or something other??? shud it be purchased in our name in US or wht?

pauldmps

Banned
^^ If you get it shipped, you'll have to pay custom duties which amounts to about 15-20% of the price + shipping charges (about 4-5k for a laptop package).

USPS, DHL, FedEx, etc. ship to India.

amit3987

Broken In
crap, 2.5 k more for the 540 gpu...
will have to adjust with 720p screen...

I guess it would be better to upgrade to a 1080p screen than upgrading the GPU.... as I read in the notebookreview forums that the GT540M is similar to an overclocked GT525M and gives only a slight performance upgrade.

Also in the same forum I saw people complaining about the quality of the 720p screen(though most of the users were from U.K)..... I have seen the 1080p screen of L501x and its just awesome....

pauldmps

Banned
What is the use of a 1080p screen if you cannot play games in HD resolution on it ?

Those laptop manufacturers think people are fool to buy laptops based on how good looking they are. eg:- Sony

Top Bottom