Dell XPS 15 Query & Sandy-Bridge Questions

OP
sameer.pur

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^ No, In my opinion and the way the sales rep who i talked to said, old processors are out of stock for now, and since new are here, they aren't gonna replenish the old stock.

So only 2nd gen. processors and compatible hardware (read GT5xxM series) will be available for customization.

reddead

LoSt!
crap! i wanted the dell xps 15....for 55k it was possible for me...
dunno at what price would they relaunch it.....:cry::cry::cry:

pauldmps

Banned
Will be at approx the same price range.

You can also look for other brands. Lenovo Y560 is an excellent VFM. For your budget, you can pick an i7 based Y560 with 1GB HD 5730.

OP
sameer.pur

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
One of my brother's friend who also ordered a XPS 15, just 2 days before me with a i5 processor, got free upgrade to i7 and GT435 graphics card because i5s were not available.

By the way, mine is in shipping now. The shipping company shows it in Transit now for chennai to bangalore. :D

OP
sameer.pur

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^ best of luck for that. :)
And yeah, try for some discounts by talking to sales rep. I got central govt. employees discount of around 5%.

reddead

LoSt!
inquired about the new dell xps 15 and dell people say that it would be here by 25th of march:0

EDIT:sb xps will be releasing on 29th or early next month

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
^^ XPS 14 has been discontinued. XPS 15 will ship with Sandy-bridge processors sometime soon.(If you believe reddead, then 25th March this month)

OP
sameer.pur

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Yeah.. one of my friends also ordered XPS 15 with me.
While mine has been already shipped. His order was on hold, sales rep said they can't provide XPS 15, so they offered old XPS 14 stock (old because now discontinued, no sandy-bridge). But he declined because there is no Full-HD screen on that.
So now he will get a XPS 15 L502x (sandy-bridge one) with 2-yr. extended warranty also in compensation. Estimated date is around march 25. so it's a win-win situation for him. :)
Meanwhile I am happy with my laptop. It's a beast machine and regarding heat/noise issues, i haven't found any. :D
No noticeable noise and heat is acceptable. (Since my battery is 9-cell one, it's elevated.. so good airflow too!) and battery life is not bad.

Crhysis

Right off the assembly line
@sameer.pur - I also recently ordered an XPS 15 which got cancelled and Dell asked me to get a XPS 14 instead. But since I insisted on the XPS 15 they said I would have to wait till the 25th of March to place the order again.

Will your friend receive his laptop by the 25th of March or will he be able to place his new order then?

I have been asking the sales rep about the Sandy Bridge version of the XPS 15 but he says he has no information about when it will arrive.

Also it would be great if you could let me know how your friend went about getting compensation from Dell on his new order so that I can maybe get the same. After all, they have delayed my order by over a month.

Thanks.

OP
sameer.pur

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^ Actually I think orders will be placed from 25th itself only (hopefully..)
So ~10-15 days from 25th would be the delivery date.
And the sales rep himself said that they are ready to give him one year extra warranty. He didn't ask beforehand.

Top Bottom