Dell Inspiron 15r Turbo vs HP dv6 7206TX... which one to buy?

kumaradarsh1993

Right off the assembly line
I am a CSE 2nd year student and looking for a laptop. I have shortlisted the above two Dell Inspiron 15r Turbo and HP dv6 7206TX- But I am a bit confused because the dv6 is an overall performer but comes with Nvidia 630m which (as per the specs on web) is quite inferior to AMD Radeon 7730m graphic card(equivalent to 640m) that comes with the Inspiron Turbo.

Also the processor on dv6 is base clocked at 2.4 ghz whereas on Turbo it is 2.6 with 3.1 Ghz on Turbo boost.
I want to use it for the next 4 years (atleast) and play the major forthcoming game titles (like Battlefield 4 n Wolfenstein: The New Order) too on it. Please suggest which would serve my purpose better.

I have also thought of Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 (59-346619) but i am a bit doubtful about its build quality and the Wrranty and service provided by Lenovo

Price range - upto 70k
Usage Priority- Coding, Gaming, Watch movies, usage with Backtrack
Size: 15.6" (does fullHD make any major difference?)
Keyboard - Backlit preferable

Do HP and Lenovo people give warranty claims as good as Dell?

Build quality ? Are you kidding?
Y500 has great build quality. Metal body with nice cuts n bends.
Keyboard is great....durable too...using it for gaming.
Moreover Y500 has FullHD screen n GT650M. Speakers are good too

Y500 is much better than other too..... That HP is overpriced for its specs.

OP
K

kumaradarsh1993

Thanx a lot guys. Now I have settled for Y500 but another thing is troubling me... Y500 is said to have a quite troubling touchpad. Though they are replacing it with the Synaptics one..but shoud i really trust my new lappy with the Lenovo Service people for a couple of weeks?

trojanation

I've used both Lenovo and Dell products. To be honest, I simply love Lenovo's after-sales service. It is much better than Dell's.
Moreover, Lenovo is known for it's amazing build quality. Go for Lenovo!

Top Bottom