Dell Inspiron 14 3442 issue

kkk05

Broken In
I bought Dell 14 3442 with touch screen option from Flipkart.com. The touch screen was not working out of the box. The device manager detected touch screen but in the PC Info shows "no pen or touch available". I talked to DELL customer support and they said may be touch screen is broken. Raised the issue with flipkart and they promptly replaced the item. The second laptop also has the exact issue. This time I asked the dell representative to do proper diagnostics and we spent 1 hour on it. He even took control of laptop remotely and tried to check and finally said this also needs touch screen replacement. even the diagnostic test on touch screen says passed but the OS doesnt detect touch. I raised the issue with flipkart again today and waiting for them to get back.

But 2 laptops having the same issue has my doubts about the claim that touch screen needs repair as the probability of this is very low. May be the Dell support is not doing proper diagnosis or may be some thing is broken with Dells latest windows 8.1 setup for touch screen. Does anybody have any idea on this? Did anybody buy this laptop recently?

ankush28

Bazinga
He even took control of laptop remotely and tried to check and finally said this also needs touch screen replacement
After this I think there is nothing much left to do...

However try to update all USB drivers. Check whether tablet input is disabled under "windows features" or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest better get non-touch laptop

- - - Updated - - -

A little bit googling for you - My laptop is a touch screen laptop, but for some reason I can't use the touch screen - Laptops - Laptops & Notebooks

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Today I got third laptop from flipkart. This also has exact same problem. I don't think now that it can be an HW issue. Definitely some SW issue but clueless. The PC info says no pen touch is available. Device manager says touch screens driver is fine and it means the OS is detecting touch screen at some level. I am not aware on any explicit enable/disable option for touch screen in windows8.1:-?
Need to contact Dell again which I can do only on monday due to long weekend

Top Bottom