Dell 430 Desktop Or Dell Studio XPS 16 Lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
Hi guys i am an ENGG final year student, i am a good gamer also.... Now here is what i am not able to decide..

I want a gaming rig i went through few system topics in this forum and found that Dell 430 XPS desktop is as same as the config around here... (even better if i say) but the cost is going upto 62k for desktop. And this comes with a Quard Core 2.33 processor and 3 gb DDR3

On the other hand there is Dell Studio XPS 16 which is around 68k but comes with core 2 duo 2.4 processor 3 GB DDR3.

I went to th local store and tried to assemble the config i got from other readers it went upto 65k so i thought Dell 430 is a better choice..

Now for the final question will THe dell 430 XPS have a resale value ?

Kindly help me choose a better one

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well, to giv u a really honest opinion,

branded Desktops or laptops for Gaming is a costly affair..and being it a DELL brand (no doubt its gr8) its really expensive, and u can get an even better CPU for tat budget of 62-65K..

Say:

1.) Processor: core i7 920 (2.66 Ghz) --------------------------------> Rs. 15K

2.) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 -----------------------------> Rs.17K

3.) RAM: Corsair TR3X3G-1333 C9 (3 GB Kit) (1GB x 3 RAM Sticks) -----> Rs. 8.2K

4.) PSU: Corsair 650W (model: TX650) -------------------------------> Rs. 7K

5.) GPU: Nvidia 9800 GTX+(plus) ----------------------------------------> Rs. 11K

6.) HDD: SATA-II ----> WD 500GB -----------------------------------> Rs. 2.9K

7.) Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 330 ------------------------------------> Rs. 2K

TOTAL: Rs. 63.1K
=================

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
nimbus_007

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
What ur saying is correct dude but the all the config i am getting is close to what is being offered by dell.....

I want to decrease the price to 50 K and go for a assembled Gaming Rig that would really help me if u can give me a good config for 50 k Instead of I7 i can go for quard core 2.33 which is 10k but i can get a C2D 3.1 for the same price i am stuck here....

And i would like to change the motherboard to a lower one which is around 7k and which should not make any drastic performance step backs...

and in the above u did not mention about Speakers, UPS and Monitor which would set me back around

Monitor : 17k

Speakers : 4500

UPS : 2500

And the total would go up to 87K which

And i am able to get all these in dell for 62k. So ur config is not making any sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom