Status
Not open for further replies.
What Exactly Is Defragmentation? By Doing This Does It Helps The Pc To Run Efficently And Faster.is The Any Disadvantage Of Using This.please Suggest Me Step By Step.please Help

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
wiki said:
Defragmentation

Reading and writing data on a heavily fragmented file system is slowed down as the time needed for the disk heads to move between fragments, and waiting for the disk platter to rotate into position, is increased (see seek time and rotational delay). For many common operations, the performance bottleneck of the entire computer is the hard disk; thus the desire to process more efficiently encourages defragmentation. Operating system vendors often recommend periodic defragmentation in order to keep disk access speed from degrading over time.

Fragmented data also spreads over more of the disk than it needs to. Thus one may defragment in order to gather data together in one area, before splitting a single partition into two or more partitions (for example, with GNU Parted, or PartitionMagic).

Defragmenting may help to increase the life-span of the hard drive itself, by minimizing head movement and simplifying data access operations.

wikipedia

------------

How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP

boosters

In the zone
I recommended you use PerfectDisk 8 pro, because it is MCP Gold Certified and safe to use. If you think to buy a perfectDisk you have only 2 days for 20% discount offer is running. the original price is 3600 /- but we will give you on 2600 /- with box. and includes all taxes. So be fast the offer is valid till Monday. For more information about PerfectDisk logon to www.raxco.com. You will find the comparison between PerfectDisk V/S Diskeeper and Windows Defragment. I am certified Distributor of Raxco products.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom