deep freeze's problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_kshetri

Broken In
i installed deep freeze program some time ago.now i wanna uninstall it.but i am not able to do so.
everytime i try to uninstall,following message appears:"first disable the program before trying to install/uninstall the program".
so what should i do?
heeeeeeelp

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
The program's process is still running in the background. If it usually runs in the system tray, close that and try. If it doens't in the system tray. Open Task Manager and choose the process related to the program. End it and uninstall it. Simple!

OP
R

raj_kshetri

Broken In
well i already tried that thing too.
i used task manager to end the process but still after the restart the problem remains.
can u suggest other option?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Its driver still exists in the memory. start->run "services.msc" and look for and disable deep freeze's service.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
To disable Deep Freeze:

1. Hold down the shift key and double-click the Deep Freeze icon. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F6. The following dialog is displayed:
2. Enter your password and click OK.
3. If you have not yet entered a password you should be able to click OK without entering a password.
4. The Boot Options dialog is displayed. Select "Boot Thawed" and click OK. This will disable Deep Freeze on the next reboot.
5. Reboot your computer. After the computer reboots, you are ready to uninstall Deep Freeze.

To uninstall:

1. Locate the installation file you used to install Deep Freeze on your computer. By default, the name of this file is called "DF5Std.exe" for versions 5.X and "DF6Std.exe" for versions 6.X.
2. Run the installation file (DF5Std.exe or DF6Std.exe).
3. Select the option to "Uninstall"

Deep Freeze is uninstalled and your computer is rebooted.

*www.faronics.com/faq/#9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom