Decent gaming PC in the range of 25,000 to 30,000 (No Monitor)

Amit94

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: FIFA 15, GTA 5 (When released ),Watch dogs and BF 4

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k (can extend to 30k).

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows and Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO. Just ordered BenQ GL2760H 27-inch LED Monitor (for 14.5k in amazon sale ).

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse,Speakers and my nvidia gt9500 (If it will go with the processor).

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In two weeks time.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune.If anyone knows a local dealer i can buy from there else Online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Need complete amd build.Kindly note that monitor has only one hdmi port and one vga port.
I have nvdia gt9500( 5 year old ). I was thinking to use this till gta 5 releases and then buy a new one.Till then i can also save up some more money.
From my research i am looking at
AMD FX-6300,
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard,
Corsair VS550 550 Watt PSU.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel Core i5 4440 -10000.
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5000.
HyperXfury 4GB -3000,
Antec vp550 -3500,
WD blue 500GB-3100,
Deepcool Tesseract BW -3200.
TOTAL -27,800.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
For your budget, an AMD build would not be suggested. Get what deathblade suggested, just get Antec VP550p to have room for your GPU. Get at least R9 270x.

2kool2btrue

In the zone
I would suggest otherwise. I would suggest the following -

ProcessorAMD FX 6300 7,100
CPU CoolerDeepCool Gammaxx 3001400
MotherboardGigabyte GA-78LMT-USB34,200
MemoryCorsair Value Select 4 GB 1600 MHz2,600
Graphics CardCan add later
Power SupplySeasonic ECO 500
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU500
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drivenone
Monitornone
Keyboard
none
Mousenone0
Total22,600

The above mentioned build will cost you around 22.5k. You could save 7.5k (assuming you have a 30k budget right now). Add another 10k for the graphics card and get an R9 285. An FX6300 should have no problem handling it. Also, since I've included a CPU cooler, you could OC your FX6300 to 4.2-4.5 GHz and it should beat a similarly priced i5 based config to the dust.
With Intel, You'll have a better CPU but an inferior GPU. With AMD you'd have an inferior CPU but a better GPU.
For gaming, the AMD combo will smoke the intel combo at the same price point! :)

Last edited:

falumittir

Broken In
Hi guys, quick question on the Intel config..... I have Cooler Master 450 psu and radeon HD 6700 card.... If i opt for the Intel config will my psu be sufficient?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I would suggest otherwise. I would suggest the following -

ProcessorAMD FX 6300 7,100
CPU CoolerDeepCool Gammaxx 3001400
MotherboardGigabyte GA-78LMT-USB34,200
MemoryCorsair Value Select 4 GB 1600 MHz2,600
Graphics CardCan add later
Power SupplySeasonic ECO 500
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU500
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drivenone
Monitornone
Keyboard
none
Mousenone0
Total22,600

The above mentioned build will cost you around 22.5k. You could save 7.5k (assuming you have a 30k budget right now). Add another 10k for the graphics card and get an R9 285. An FX6300 should have no problem handling it. Also, since I've included a CPU cooler, you could OC your FX6300 to 4.2-4.5 GHz and it should beat a similarly priced i5 based config to the dust.
With Intel, You'll have a better CPU but an inferior GPU. With AMD you'd have an inferior CPU but a better GPU.
For gaming, the AMD combo will smoke the intel combo at the same price point! :)

1. That mobo isn't suggested with FX 6300.
2. That mobo doesn't support over clocking.
3. i5 4440>FX 6300 for gaming ATM
4. No need for cooler.
5. R9 285 doesn't come at 10k. Its ~18k

OP
A

Amit94

On what setting will i be able to play the above mentioned games with my nvdia gt9500 ? moderate or low ?

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest otherwise. I would suggest the following ..

Thank you for the detailed suggestion.I have two questions :
1.Will my nvdia gt9500 be compatible on this amd build ?
2.How well do you think it competes with i5 build in long term consideration (say 3 years) ?

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
1. Ur GPU will be compatible but u can hardly play any new games.... Maybe some at very low settings...
2.i5 is better in long term consideration... @ that budget i5 is far better compared to fx6300
For over clocking u need a min of gigabyte 970a d3p which costs 5.5k... So overall cost comes to 12.5k, compared to 15k of the i5 build u wouldn't be saving much and there is a very big gap b/w them performance wise.... Do better stick to i5 than fx6300

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
On what setting will i be able to play the above mentioned games with my nvdia gt9500 ? moderate or low ?

- - - Updated - - -

2.How well do you think it competes with i5 build in long term consideration (say 3 years) ?

1. yes.
2. i5 4440>FX6300

- - - Updated - - -

1. Ur GPU will be compatible but u can hardly play any new games.... Maybe some at very low settings...
2.i5 is better in long term consideration... @ that budget i5 is far better compared to fx6300
For over clocking u need a min of gigabyte 970a d3p which costs 5.5k... So overall cost comes to 12.5k, compared to 15k of the i5 build u wouldn't be saving much and there is a very big gap b/w them performance wise.... Do better stick to i5 than fx6300

970A doesnt support overclocking AFAIK, M5A97 does.

2kool2btrue

In the zone
1. That mobo isn't suggested with FX 6300.
2. That mobo doesn't support over clocking.
3. i5 4440>FX 6300 for gaming ATM
4. No need for cooler.
5. R9 285 doesn't come at 10k. Its ~18k

1. Any specific reason? I see tons of people using that combo on Tom's, anandtech forums, etc.

2. That's not true. Here are some links proving otherwise - Piledriver FX-6300 on Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 | Overclockers Forums , Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 overclocking abilities? [Solved] - Motherboards - Overclocking , FX-6300 + GA 78lmt-usb3 rev. 5.0 overclocking so far

3. Sure. I never said that wasn't the case. What I did say was - With Intel, You'll have a better CPU but an inferior GPU. With AMD you'd have an inferior CPU but a better GPU. For gaming, the AMD combo will smoke the intel combo at the same price point!

4. To OC an AMD build, there is.

5. Never said that either. I meant ~17.5k. Sorry if i wasn't clear. Please read this - You could save 7.5k (assuming you have a 30k budget right now). Add another 10k for the graphics card and get an R9 285.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

1. Sure, it will work. That card doesn't support DX11 though so you cannot play FIFA 15 on it (JFYI) (I'm a big FIFA addict so thought I'd mention it :p )

2. 3 years should not be a problem. From what I read online, CPU's have reached a point where there is not as big enhancements in tech as there used to be lets say when Intel switched from C2Q to i7's. For instance in gaming there is hardly any difference between an i5-4670k, an i5-3570k and even an i5-2500k even when the three processors are 3 generations apart. People can still game just fine on an AMD Phenom X4/X6 processor(when OC'd). Even that processor can handle a decent video card like a GTX660.
Although, you can never predict the future very accurately. Maybe when the 14nm Intel CPU's hit the market, things may change.
The FX6300 is a way better CPU than the Phenoms. It may last you 6 months lesser than the i5 but for the money you'll save and put on a better GPU, the experience should be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys, quick question on the Intel config..... I have Cooler Master 450 psu and radeon HD 6700 card .... If i opt for the Intel config will my psu be sufficient?

The PSU isn't recommended on this forum. However, it should handle your graphics card(HD6770/HD6750) with the intel build just fine. Get an Antec VP550 or Seasonic ECO 500 etc and you should be fine

OP
A

Amit94

For your budget, an AMD build would not be suggested. Get what deathblade suggested, just get Antec VP550p to have room for your GPU. Get at least R9 270x.

Antec VP550p is currently unavailable, any other suggestion ? Considering R9 270x

OP
A

Amit94

I got what you both suggested.Thank you for that.The only thing remaining is the graphic card Should i go for the R9 270x or any other alternative ?

My dad's friend will be flying from the US at the end of November so he can get it for much cheaper in the US So what are the things I should take note of regarding the power and wattage difference.

And I got the Corsair vs 550 PSU.(I know it was bad choice and i realized it later after reading more forums.Stupid me.)

I am Looking at this product : Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Superclock w/G-SYNC Support 2GB GDDR5 128bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, HDMI, DP 1.2 Graphics Card (02G-P4-3753-KR): Computers & Accessories

My mobo : Gigabyte B85 D3H

Last edited:
Top Bottom