DDR, SD, both

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i have p3 system wherein i use two 128MB sticks .....
i plan to sell my old mobo and processor and go in for this .....

ATI RS480 motherboard
Athlon64 3000+
512MB DDR400 RAM ZION
160 GB SEAGATE SATA Rs.

the above configuration details have already been discussed in another thread ... but my doubt now is something different ....

now can i use the old SD RAM sticks along with the 512MB DDR RAM in my new PC which i plan to go for ..... and make the RAM in my system (512+256)MB RAM .... i.e. 768MB RAM ...

will the SD and DDR RAMs work without conflicting ....
my old mobo is 810E and processor is 733MHz

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i thought the mobo has both SD and DDR slots ...

well someone told me so ..... that ATI RS480 motherboard has both DDR and SD slots

and can u tell me if i sell my old system how much will get for it ....

810E mobo
(2 X 128)MB SD RAM
Intel P3 733MHz processor

will the new mobo (ATI RS480) fit in my old cabinet which currently hosts 810E mobo .... are the 2 mobos of different sizes ...

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
even if ur mobo has slots for sd and ddr rams u can use only one type of ram at a time. refer ur mobo manual.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
sorry i have not purchased my new mobo yet ....
i jus wanted to know i can use my old RAM on the new one !!!
i dont have any mobo manual

Nimda

l33t n00b!
If the mobo has slots for both, then there is a good chance that it will work. But running SD and DDR side by side is not at all recommended. Well, for obvious reasons. You won't be able to enable dual channel, the 2 RAMs will be running at different clock speeds, and various other factors which will cause system instability.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks for ur reply .... i that case i will have to sell my old mobo processor and the 2 128MB sticks i got

vandit

In the zone
cabinet issue

If you are going for a AMD 64 bit solution then you better change your cabinet to a large and well ventilated one with atleast 450 watt power rating
and has ATX power supply . your current cabinet must be a baby AT . If at all your mobo fits in it I request you to change it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom