DDR 400 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeing_737

Broken In
Hi all,
Does the Krypton C18G-400 support DDR 400 Modules.
One more...How do you know whats the power rating of your system.?
250W..300W.??? :?
Also, does anyone know if there's a S939 mobo for AMD 64 3000+ having onboard display comparable to a GF4 MX.?

Thanks.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: Yes.....krypton C18G-400 do support DDR400 modules...

:arrow: Power rating of the system will be on SMPS attached...check out the sticker at the back of SMPS to view ur power rating.

:arrow: MOBO((939)) with onboard display....hmmm.....i cant think of any at the moment...bcoz manufacturers seem to think that if sumone is purchasing a high end processor,then he shud be able to purchase a gfx card seperately!! :roll:

:wink: dont tell me that u wanna go for krypton???

OP
boeing_737

boeing_737

Broken In
Hi,
Well errr.... :?
The config i am thinking about..
AMD AthlonXP 3200+ Barton
512 MB DDR 400 Mhz RAM
Krypton C18g-400 mobo
with onboard GF4 MX :lol:
maybe a 40 GB 7200 rpm HDD.

What would be the costs.of each.?
When i save enough money ...I am going to get a HIS Excalibur 256-bit 9800pro 128 MB RAM. :wink:
Howzzat.? :lol:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
AMD AthlonXP 3200+ Barton - 6500
512 MB DDR 400 Mhz RAM - Kingston is around 4,600 (prices will vary from city to city)
Krypton C18g-400 mobo - 4000 - nice mobo.
maybe a 40 GB 7200 rpm HDD. - go for an 80 GB not really much in terms of price diff its 3100 PATA and 3600 for SATA

When i save enough money ...I am going to get a HIS Excalibur 256-bit 9800pro 128 MB RAM. Wink

Nice! I've seen that card its quite good lookin one !!

dcetech

Right off the assembly line
dont go for krypton man... go for MSI or ASUS with nvidia chipset if you want onboard graphics...

but i think with GEFORCE 4 440MX (8X, 128MB) at Rs 2500, you should nt go for onboard graphics..

Also there is hardly any price difference b/w 40GB and 80GB.. unless you are going for 80SATA..

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dcetech said:
dont go for krypton man... go for MSI or ASUS with nvidia chipset if you want onboard graphics...

but i think with GEFORCE 4 440MX (8X, 128MB) at Rs 2500, you should nt go for onboard graphics..

Also there is hardly any price difference b/w 40GB and 80GB.. unless you are going for 80SATA..

Usually I would agree with the mobo with being either ASUS or MSI but on this instant this mobo is extremely good. All the reviews I have read for it is that is one of the value for money mobos out there. So its cool. And also the onboard graphics willl be enuff in this case as hes gonna go for a Raedon 9800 Pro later on. If he goes for an ASUS mobo and also the graphics card his budget will shoot up quite a bit.

OP
boeing_737

boeing_737

Broken In
Hi all,
Thanks for the positive responses.
Also , what is the price of the Athlon XP 3000+ barton and how's the performance...?
OK..I just about understood everything... 8) but what the heck is thie SATA PATA thing.?. All i know is that have a 20 GB HDD now. :lol:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
What you have is PATA... SATA is the next gen of HDD's supposedly much faster than PATA HDD's The thing is tho there is only a 4% diff between SATA and PATA hdd's as the applications do not take advantage of SATA capabilities. So the choice is urs.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
8) ...go for SATA for a bright future....as price diff is minimal!! :lol:

SATA provides more airflow within the cabinet bcoz of slimmer cable,has 1.5 Gb/sec data transfer speed,nd is future ready...what more can u expect from a HDD thats just for 4000???((seagate 120GB 7200rpm SATA))?? :twisted:

:arrow: by the way SATA is Serial ATA!!

OP
boeing_737

boeing_737

Broken In
Hi all,
I am still in doubt about the Krypton C18G-400 supports DDR 400 RAM.
:?
The Feb. 2004 digit review of the mobo shows it supporting only DDR 333 Modules.
Anybody using this board can throw some light on this..?
Thanks! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom