Dataone problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
I have BSNL Dataone broadband. It worked quite fine. From few days I was hearing some sounds from my PC CPU Cabinet so, I opened it tried to find out where the problem lies. It was from the Graphics card (NVIDIA RIVA TNT2) fan. It didn't run properly, not in full speed, it stopped, ran, stopped, ran,.... Just before it was the lan card so, I thought to remove it
and placed it 2 lots before it, thinking that it may be prob in running of gfx card fan. Before it I uninstalled from control panel. Then I removed it and placed it 2 slots before.

In the system manager it was named as-
VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter #2

THE STARTING STORY (FLASHBACK) -

Initially when the card was installed it was placed in A-Slot, so, it's name was
VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter

Then, there was some problem in starting usage of dataone connection so, we changed the lan card position to check the problem, which later found out to be problem at exchange. It was left intact in new position i.e. C-Slot and as we placed in new slot it's name was
VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter #2 in system manager.

Everything was going fine. Damn my experimental mind.

BACK TO CURRENT SCENE -

As I replaced it in old position it name in system manager was
VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter Then I ran the connection for dataone it connected and downloads in getright (download manager) was going ok. And the update for mozilla firefox 1.0.4 also downloaded fine. But, when I try to surf websites they don't open. The progress bar moves for a while then, stucks after sometime and nothing loads. I re-replaced the lan card on old location [Now, VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter #3 in system manager as I uninstalled it before from this slot] but, still the same problem. Then, I did system restore as I unistalled the drivers and deleted old connections etc. The change that happen was the name change of card -
[VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter #2 as before] and old connections came back and few other programs I installed.

I have done Norton Antivirus (2005 with virus definitions of 11th may) scan it found few viruses/ threats which got removed.

But, still no progress in surfing problem.

I have tested both browsers on my pc - mozilla firefox and internet explorer. but, both don't work. But, when I use my dialup

connection it works fine.

Figure for PCI SLOTS -

D - Graphics Card
C - LAN Card (New position, current/ final fuctional position)
B - 56K Modem
A - LAN Card (Old Position)

My Computer specs -
Windows xp Professional
LAN CARD - VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter
128mb ddr ram
AMD Athlon 1800+ xp
Seagate 40gb hdd

I tested msn messenger which logged in just 1 time, yim/ aim which logged in fine, ws_ftp also did work ok, mirc didn't work, getright worked, firefox update worked, ie/ firefox browsing don't work.

I hope I was clear enough. I by mistake while updating drivers for my cd-rw drive uninstalled it now, it doesn't re-install few months back now, my hard disk space nearing to end. My problems are endless. Hope somebody finds me a help for the situation.

I wrote this is notepad and pasted it here so, sorry if the formatting is somewat wrong.

saROMan

QA Juggler
bro..u have explained every thing in sooo much deails that now i am confused ..:p ..hahaha ..any ways....seems ur problem is u cant surf...hmm if ur using XP then chk that have u stopped any services accidentaly type services.msc in ur run box and chk it.....next may b ur lan card drivers r messed up...so try uninstall reboot and reinstall (Drivers not the Card itself :D ) ....if still it dont work do this
go to command prompt ..type
1) ipconfig/flushdns->enter
2) ipconfig/release->Enter
3) ipconfig/renew->Enter

also chk if ur using any proxy or not and if ur then the proxy is working or not .

also try the Ping command to chk if there any dataloss or not ....

hope ur problem is sloved :D

Charley

Just Do It
Dude before u try pinging and stuff please check whether you have entered the DNS, Gateway, etc settings correctly, as if this is correct then you can carry on with the tests.

:)

OP
T

thecyclone2k

In the zone
I uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers of lan card numerous time and did
1) ipconfig/flushdns->enter
2) ipconfig/release->Enter
3) ipconfig/renew->Enter

also, dns entries are set to defaults i.e. automatic ones since beginning.

Anything else suggestable or I have to try reinstalling windows?

Calcatian

Journeyman
:wink: Connectivity is not where the problem is coz u DL'd some files with Getr8 right :?: Methinks, during the updation process yor FireFox got rabbid (i.e. corrupted) :!: And it bit some of yor system dlls too - specially the ones that helps in browsing :lol: Run SFC if that doesn't solves it take a backup and.... F.O.R.M.A.T. hAhAHa :WINK:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom