Data network falls to H or H+ but 4G

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have Redmi note 4 and when in Pune when I push the network to LTE only it fails to get any network.
When I set it to prefer LTE it falls back to 3G.
I have no clue how to get it working for 4G. The SIM is inserted in first slot that definitely supports 4G.
I checked with Vodafone customer care and they said they have 4G coverage in Pune.

I don't know what else to try. I ran the code *#*#4636#*#* to change the network to LTE Only but then there's no network.

Am I present in a void where there's actually no 4G signal present? Or there's something else I need to set on my phone?

Vodafone care only asks me to set it to Prefer LTE mode that certainly does not work at all.
Number is from Mumbai Circle. It's a 4G SIM with 4G data plan and Data Roaming is enabled on phone.

4g.jpg

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
I have Redmi note 4 and when in Pune when I push the network to LTE only it fails to get any network.
When I set it to prefer LTE it falls back to 3G.
I have no clue how to get it working for 4G. The SIM is inserted in first slot that definitely supports 4G.
I checked with Vodafone customer care and they said they have 4G coverage in Pune.

I don't know what else to try. I ran the code *#*#4636#*#* to change the network to LTE Only but then there's no network.

Am I present in a void where there's actually no 4G signal present? Or there's something else I need to set on my phone?

Vodafone care only asks me to set it to Prefer LTE mode that certainly does not work at all.
Number is from Mumbai Circle. It's a 4G SIM with 4G data plan and Data Roaming is enabled on phone.

View attachment 17039

Vodafone don't have volte support till now so if you call then it will fallback to 3g/2g.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
What about data? Shouldn't it show 4G network when I enable data? I can understand the reason to fall back to 3G for lack of VOLTE but I am not calling, just enabling Data. Moreover Vodafone 4G appears for a short time besides signal bar when I switch on WiFi on phone and connect to my router! But with Data connection On it falls to 3G.

Last edited:
My friend is using vodafone 4G (Data) on his iphone in Pune.
I am using Airtel 4G (data). Since airtel doesn't support VoLTE it switches to 3G when making/receiving calls.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Going to a physical Vodafone store and asking them to set your phone to 4G is the only option. If you call by phone they just follow some script and pass the buck.

Minion

Conversation Architect
What about data? Shouldn't it show 4G network when I enable data? I can understand the reason to fall back to 3G for lack of VOLTE but I am not calling, just enabling Data. Moreover Vodafone 4G appears for a short time besides signal bar when I switch on WiFi on phone and connect to my router! But with Data connection On it falls to 3G.

Maybe network issue on your area

ankushv

Journeyman
I had the same problem with Vodafone in Mumbai . It would not switch to 4g and only go up to 3g even though I was on a 4g enabled handset with 4g sim . After various complaints to the call centre it was escalated to the higher ups and the network team call me and finally informed me that 4g was disabled in my number from their side by some error . After they enabled it on their side via the network the phone started picking up the 4g signal .
Point to note here was I always kept my phone in 4g mode but only when they enabled it from their side , did my phone latch to a 4g network . I did not change any settings on my phone .
So I guess you should go to the Vodafone gallery and see if 4g for you in Pune is enabled .
Cheers .

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom