data cable or IR or bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram&byte

Broken In
hi friends...Couple of days back I bought a new SE T630. I want to do data transfer between my mobile and PC. I have 3 options -

1. Data Cable
2. Infra red
3. Bluetooth

Please suggest which would be the best option (cost vs data transfer speeds). If data cable then is there major performance difference between original SE and some unbranded cable?

Thanks in advance.

khandu

In the zone
I sell so i know

Datacable = i like it as it is fatest and helpful for big data transfer

IR = i dont like it.. too sensitive about direction

Bluetooth = Good , wireless but not recommended for big data transfer.. takes time

I recommend Datacable>Bluetooth>IR

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I have used all the three, so i can tell :D

BT is better as far as i am concerned.
-It's wireless
- We can comunicate with other BT phone within 25m range
- Many phone support BT (newer ones), but datacable comes with older phones like 6610,3200, etc...

And IRDa has
- LOS issues
- Slow transfers

So, imo:
BT >datacable >IRDa

rohanbee

Padawan
Bluetooth is still numero uno for me...........
Data cable would have to be second and irda is the worst of the lot...........
cheers

satbir

Broken In
bluetooth is sorta good for normal use ............. but if u r looking for big file transfer......... then u shud get a datacable.............

Tech&ME

Banned
Bluetooth rocks !!!

Second comes DATACABLE for large file transfer.

Third comes Irda.

Bluetooth benefits :

With bluetooth you can transfer file without (LOS) line of site, which means you can sit in your sofa and control your PC wirelessly.

No hassels when used with Windows XP, no additional drivers required, u even do not require PC SUIT for Nokia phones.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Bluetooth is future ready
My friends keep their phones in the pocket and surf the net using laptop even in the classroom

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Its good to have bluetooth in the phone .. but its always better to communicate with the pc through a data cable .....

data cable>bluetooth ....Infra red not recommended at all and should always be your last option ....

anupamsinha

Broken In
Hi R&B

My choice would be Bluetooth. Simple reason a data cable may and generally does limits you to some phone while with Bluetooth you can use other phone which bluetooth enabled as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom