Crysis DX9 vs DX10 comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Hey everyone,

I was watching the Direct X 9 vs 10 comparisons and I really couldn't tell what was better in the DX10 jungle scene...
Seems like they set it up a little different to make it more interesting but that's just gameplay... talking graphics here.
To me all that stands out is the physics which is in both graphics systems.

I'm sure there are some newer lighting effects, but can someone with a better eye for graphics explain it?

The Hunter video you can clearly see the new smoke effects and fire/lighting effects in DX10 look way better

Source

Who

Guess Who's Back
"DX10 adds improved lighting and blur effects to make the game look much more atmospheric."
- tweakguides.com on the same topic

also DX10 has better perfomence than DX 9 , well that's what microsoft said.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
From the lost planet demos and the videos of dx9 vs dx10 comparisions of crysis in nzone I have learnt that upgrading from high end dx9 card to dx 10 card is not at all VFM. I also saw the Call of Juarez video too. All videos I saw were of HD quality. 7600GT>>>6600GT>>5600FX. 8600GT = 7600GT in fps. What kind of upgrade is that? Also vista is needed for dx10 and vista doesnt support EAX and give lower fps on low end systems with 1gb ram and pentium D. why waste money upgrading RAM, processor and gfx card now? Wait for when games stop supporting dx9 and DDR 3 prices drop, PCI - E 2 becomes standard and AMD causes a processor price drop and a gfx card comes into market which can called a REAL upgrade. Maybe 9600GT..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom