crossover/wine related programs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
Hi,

I have installed quite a few windows related programs that are default understandable by crossover office like adobe acrobat and stuffs.

but, i now installed a software that is unsupported and it installed perfectly. but the thing is, when tryign to run, it says it needs "java run time environment" to run the program. i tried installing the windows version of sun java but it wouldnt install, the installer tells some error. but i have sun java jre linux version already installed. Can any1 help me in how do i get this windows based program to run using the JRE, either with the already installed linux jre or by installing the windows based jre using crossover itself somehow!!!

thks,
/legolas.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Legolas, CrossOver Office lets you run Windows applications on Linux. The applications
run using a emulator (Wine). CrossOver Office maintains a big list of applications
that are fully supported like IE 6.0, Ofiice XP, Office 2003, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop 7.0 etc.,
Sometimes an unsupported Windows applications will also work fine!! Sometimes
upto installation the unsupported application will go smoothly. But if you try to
run the application, it won't run!!
Coming back to your case. Windows based JRE won't get installed in Linux!!
The Windows application you installed was looking for a Windows-based JRE, so
that it can load it. Also Linux JRE won't help because , the application is looking
for Windows-based JRE (that comes with some DLL files). The end result is, you
can't run the application in Linux!!

eddie

El mooooo
legolas said:
when tryign to run, it says it needs "java run time environment" to run the program.
Give us the name of the program. 99% of the times a JAVA based program can be run natively on Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom