Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whers my FIFA!!! its got a bigger BALL :P

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Well i dont know if this has been posted here or not..

My 1 of the most awaited game for the month : Cricket 2005 for PC has been shipped finally..

Here is what EA Page has to say about it

EA SPORTSâ„¢ Cricket 2005
EA SPORTS Cricket 2005 returns to the pitch
Utilizing technology from our blockbuster sports games such as FIFA, NBA & Rugby, EA SPORTS Cricket 2005 returns to the pitch.

In addition to the international teams and bonus squads, you can now play with domestic teams and compete in England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. The all-new Twenty20 tournament will be fully licensed with season modes also on offer.

Cricket will revolve around a TV style presentation including a full action replay mode, third umpire, animated ducks, TV style overlays, field position editor and much more. The field position editor will allow for auto or manual fielding.

Over 35 dynamically lit stadiums will be modeled from all over the world, including Lords in England, Calcutta, Melbourne, Auckland, Cape Town, Barbados and Lahore...

Some Screenshots

*www.eaplay.com/images/largeimages/757633.jpg

*www.eaplay.com/images/largeimages/716515.jpg

*www.eaplay.com/images/largeimages/9682cricket6.jpg

Well, I know many FPS lovers will be laughing on such games.. but i like it.. total timepass re..

I wonder y dosent BCCI support this game ?? maybe we can get more look alike graphics and logos for India too..

Well the version has shipped and the illegeal version is already spread all over the net..

Whos up for this game ?? Lookin for a review here pretty soon... :p

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
It looks fine but I want to wait until BLC2005 comes out as well before deciding on which one to get. Btw, the game has been out since at least 2 weeks.

rohanbee

Padawan
wouldn't mind playing this game. Anyone out there played this game already. Would like some reviews...

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Its just graphical treat. Still basically same gameplay as previous EA releases.
Powershot will get you 6 every time once you get the timing right.
ya the field placement by CPU is better but thats about it.
And yeah get a deascent controller. It makes it easier to bat.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Too lazy to download :D

And I want to read actual reviews (of full games) to get an idea of what the games are like.

rohanbee

Padawan
i dont know if you know this was one of the first games to be launched on MTV india. They are really trying to promote this game in india, for obvious reasons. Surprising with the amount of cricket lovers dont see too many people playing this game or are they??

allindrome

Journeyman
I got it yesterday.Expect for the FIFA 2005 style menus and improved graphics and physics , I am not sure anything much has changed.The gameplay is not the best but I think so I should give it a little more time before commenting further.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
two words very bad, only the england /nzl/aus teams are moddeled well does not allow to configure controls .

the only plus is the bowling funda , its nice

Satissh S

Youngling
Hows the Game play :?: thats the most important grafix aside. Can u hit all the shots or is it limited like in Cric 2004. :!:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I hve played this Ea sports cricket 2005, i must say gameplay same old as 2004 but bowling is bit easier and may i dare to say FUN.... i enjoyed that only as i managed to bowl aus on wet picth in 1day for 58 odd runs, all right handed batsmen were LBW for trying to pull half pitched bowl which did not bounced, but the same doesnt hold true for left handed batsman. R aussies so foolish?? AI is really weak..... I fail to understand when they (EA)can put so much efforts and time in fifa then y not in cricket??? Y cannot they have similar looking players as in fifa??? They should ask cricketers to play there game before releasing it to find out how they found out the gameplay and if there r any loop holes etc....?? I AM NOW WAITING FOR BLC 2005, it impressed me in 99(played it for 2years)now waiting to get involved in cricket after 5 years.:)

moshel

Padawan
Cricket 2005 for me is just a time pass game to play cricket until blc comes out then ea cricket is out.

I think ea released this game just because blc is going to come this year, therefore not much has changed since cricket 2004. only the graphics are better and bowling has changed somewhat.
the most annoying thing is u cannot use keyboard to maneuver around the menus. u cannot even press the esc key to return to game after each over ends.

and one thing i noticed. in tournament mode if u win the match but no one has done an oustanding performance then ur opening batsman gets the man of the match award. i am playing new zealand and my opening batsman is L Vincent. so he doesnt bowl, no catches and out for a duck, still wins man of the match.

if u hit a ball with perfect timing the fielder always misfields it...........and its a four.

suppose a team has scored 55 runs, u r batting second. u have scored 54 and u take 2 runs and u win. the commentator says India wins by 1 run.
at 54 u hit a four, the commentator says India wins by 3 runs. thats so stupid!

I feel really bad that ea uses so much technology and time behind fifa series then why not cricket. i really hoped the commentary quality would improve but its the same as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom