Crappy Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys,

I hv a nVIDIA Ge Force FX 5200 (256 MB) AGP Card, WIN XP os, Intel D 865 GBF mobo and nVIDIA forceware version 91.31

Off lately im experiencing a type of "grain ness, patchness" in my displays and the monitor sumtimes just switches off during normal operation and then switches ON after a gap of 1 sec. This happenes every 2-3 mins (only for the first 10 mins of starting the PC) then the same crappy screen lies there forever.

I hv reinstalled the drivers for nVIDIA AGP card, set the reso to 1024x768 and 75 Hz, replugged the card into its slot, checked all connections (related to display) but still i get this "crappy" display.

Yest, After a 30 mins inspection of all the devices and components on my mobo, i restarted the PC so there was NO grain ness and crappy disply but it emerged again today morn.

Here's the screenshot of my dsktop:

*images1.pictiger.com/thumbs/5e/1685abc8daa919d7f82a020e5cc19d5e.th.jpg

Cheers n e-peace...

assasin

Banned
Try using Foreware of 8x.xx series.If dat too doesnt solve ur prob,den take out ur gfx. card and test ur monitor using the onbrd gfx,If the prob is still dere den get ur monitor serviced.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
How to check it with on board gfx ?? I mean where shud the connector from monitor go ?? (presently its goin into the connector of the AGP card on the AGP slot). So if i remove the AGP card, then tell me where to plug the cord of the monitor on mobo ?

Cheers n e-peace....

assasin

Banned
VGA jack of the mobo will be near the parallel port.If u till cant find it,jst search 4 a jack which looks similar to the one on ur gfx card to which u connect ur monitor.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey thanx bro,

Yaa i was able to locate that VGA port and walla!! I can see the appearance, but i can see a "Yellowish screen" is it due to my Monitor given way or due to a low system RAM (i hv Hynix 256 MB DDR(266) RAM) and the shared is (as i can remember from the bios screen) is 64 MB for graphics.

So has my AGP nVIDIA card gone kaboom!!! :( Also, i dnt knw if u can see the Yellowish screen tat im observing :(

Im posting the screenshots of my "yellowish"screen and my onboard graphics:

*images1.pictiger.com/thumbs/e8/9cd0564b96014016a2015ae083e018e8.th.jpg

*images1.pictiger.com/thumbs/5c/a43efec52be52bc459379b4a8046ba5c.th.jpg

Image Hosting by PicTiger

So wat is the conclusion now ? Is my AGP card gone corrupt AND my Monitor too (coz of that yellowish screen) ?? OR just my AGP card ?

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
As far as dat tint is concerned jst change the VGA signal cable of d monitor.Dat ought to solve it.For the gfx card,rub d contact pts wit eraser and the AGP slot wit a brush.Alsotry out d card on ur frnds pc and see if it gives any prob.

assasin

Banned
U cant change the VGA signal,wat i told u was bout changing the cable/cord which connects ur pc wit d monitor.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
So u mean tat i shud get a new (VGA Monitor) cord? If yes, then wat type of cord (price if any u knw abt) and Is my existing cord damaged ? How will it help solve the yellowish color of the screen ?

Cheers n e-peace....

assasin

Banned
Before changing the cord try increasing the color temperature settings from the monitor or increase the Gamma from the graphics control pannel.If the yellowish color is still dere den change the cord.Try dis keep updating

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup, i did watever u said above but no Difference at all :( So tell me now wat cable shud i buy (price if u knw approx) Please tell me the exact cord as to wat it is known as as i hv never purchased such a thing so please be simple in explaination :)

Cheers n e-peace....

assasin

Banned
To change dat cord u'll hav to give ur whole monitor for servicing.Just go to the vendor from whom u buy computerperipherals and tell him to change the cord which connects ur pc and monitor.it'll cost u bout Rs.300 - 500.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U mean its the cord wich is welded/inserted (Fixed permanently) into the Monitor adn the other end goes into either the AGP card's Female output or say the On board graphics (VGA jack of the mobo near the parallel port) o/p ?? is it??

This is the reason Y i will hv to take the whole monitor ??

Cheers n e-peace....

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Or if you're good at soldering and can get the pin out details, you can do it yourself. Its should not be a big deal.

assasin

Banned
Better give it for servicing cuz if damage the PBC in someway wile soldering den u'll hav to foot a gr8er bill to get it repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom