CPU needed for around 40K

Soul

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mild Gaming (Witcher 3, Civilization, Assassin's Creed, Sleeping Dogs)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows, Hackingtosh if possible

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Don't need HDD. Planning to use the old one.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, Monitor, Optical Drive, Mouse, Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next Weekend

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Previous one was assembled by a friend. Will try to assemble this one myself as the friend is not available

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Navi Mumbai. Online/Local whereever its cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would like to build an Intel system(previous 2 were AMD) which would preferably last atleast for the next 8 years.

Thank you all in advance ! :)

Note : I may not be able post replies before the end of the day because of office timings. Please bear with me.

quicky008

Technomancer
^Sorry if this seems irrelevant,but how was your experience with the 2 amd based pcs that you had earlier?How long did they last?

OP
S

Soul

^Sorry if this seems irrelevant,but how was your experience with the 2 amd based pcs that you had earlier?How long did they last?

The experience was good. The one that I'm using right now has lasted for I think about 8 years. The only problem that AMD systems have is of heating.

I'm looking at Intel now is because requirements have changed. I'm looking at installing hackingtosh now and also prefer comparably quiet and cool PC. But for any hardcore gaming enthusiast who wants to build an awesome PC for gaming at a low cost I would definitely not shy away from recommending AMD.

Hope this helps. :)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i5 4440 - 11k
Antec VP 450p - 2.5k
Gigabyte B85 D3H - 5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 2.7k
HyperXFury 4GB - 3k
GTX 750Ti - 11k

I dont know about hackingtosh and whether it requires some specific hardware, so wait for someone else to reply on that

quicky008

Technomancer
The experience was good. The one that I'm using right now has lasted for I think about 8 years. The only problem that AMD systems have is of heating.

I'm looking at Intel now is because requirements have changed. I'm looking at installing hackingtosh now and also prefer comparably quiet and cool PC. But for any hardcore gaming enthusiast who wants to build an awesome PC for gaming at a low cost I would definitely not shy away from recommending AMD.

Hope this helps. :)

please note that some intel cpus also generate a lot of heat-my experience with my older pentium d 805 cpu was quite appalling in this regard,to say the least.

OP
S

Soul

i5 4440 - 11k
Antec VP 450p - 2.5k
Gigabyte B85 D3H - 5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 2.7k
HyperXFury 4GB - 3k
GTX 750Ti - 11k

I dont know about hackingtosh and whether it requires some specific hardware, so wait for someone else to reply on that

Thanks a lot adityak469!

But I fear GTX 750Ti might be a little weak. Could you recommend something a little more powerful. Maybe this R9 270X for 13.9? I'm willing to go upto 42K.

For motherboard, did you mean the Gigabyte B85M D3H?

Also can you tell me any good online sites that supply parts to Mumbai. I couldn't find Deepcool Tesseract on any shopping site and the Motherboard is listed as 5.6k on flipkart, snapdeal. I know only a few like theitdepot, flipkart, etc.

One more thing...I'm currently using a Tagan TG600 U37 which seems to be working fine. Maybe I could reuse it?

please note that some intel cpus also generate a lot of heat-my experience with my older pentium d 805 cpu was quite appalling in this regard,to say the least.
In those days, it was an almost even match. I owned an Athlon and am currently using a Phenom II. But even though I'm a die-hard AMD fan, I think today, for those that require an all-round machine, Intel has gone far ahead of AMD. Maybe I'm mistaken as I've not been following these kind of news as diligently as before but anyways I want to try to run OS X on my machine, so AMD is not an option now. Hope my next build after this update will be an AMD again. :)

Top Bottom