CPU+Mobo+RAM

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Every day use. Office work, 2.5D Gaming, Mobile RPG Gaming,Watching 10bit Full HD Videos, listening music while p2p downloading and browsing etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: As less as possible. May be 7K ?

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 or Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Have 2x 1TB 7200RPM HDDs

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Have Dell 1080P Monitor with

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Have 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM(not sure to use it or not), AMD HD7750 1GB, CM Case, Antec 550Watt PSU, Creatice Speakers, Logitech KB+Mouse, Dell Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Withing one or two months.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:More than 10 times.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Wish me Luck. ;)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
7k for cpu+mobo+ram when cheapest ddr4 ram itself cost ~2.5k,either increase budget or look for second hand 3rd/4th gen intel core i processors/mobos in your city on olx(your current ddr3 ram will work with that).

quicky008

Technomancer
Get an used second/third gen i3/i5 cpu within 4k and pair it with a h61 motherboard from gigabyte/asus etc-it will just about fit into your budget while allowing you to retain some of your existing peripherals(such as ram).

For smooth playback of 10bit 1080p hevc content,you will need a dedicated gpu like a gt 1030 that can decode hevc content on the fly-otherwise you may face random stutters while watching such videos.However such a gpu alone would cost 6k or more.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
7k for cpu+mobo+ram when cheapest ddr4 ram itself cost ~2.5k,either increase budget or look for second hand 3rd/4th gen intel core i processors/mobos in your city on olx(your current ddr3 ram will work with that).
Nope.
7K for CPU+MOBO if the RAM can be used. Or may be 10K for CPU+MOBO+RAM ?
Which is better ?

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Get an used second/third gen i3/i5 cpu within 4k and pair it with a h61 motherboard from gigabyte/asus etc-it will just about fit into your budget while allowing you to retain some of your existing peripherals(such as ram).

For smooth playback of 10bit 1080p hevc content,you will need a dedicated gpu like a gt 1030 that can decode hevc content on the fly-otherwise you may face random stutters while watching such videos.However such a gpu alone would cost 6k or more.
Thank you!

GT1030 way powerful than old HD7750 ?
Or CPU+MOBO+DDR4 RAM+7750 @10K will suffice ?
Then again APU+MOBO+RAM @10K and no need old ram and gpu ?
Or 2nd hand cpu+h61 mobo cos new cpu+h61 mobo will be over 7k and no brainer ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Minimum I can suggest is this:
Athlon 200GE--4850(mdcomputers,has inbuilt graphics)
Asus prime A320M-K--4325(mdcomputers)
1*4gb kingston hyperx 2400mhz ram--2500(primeabgb) get one same stick later after few months when ram price go down further but for now 4gb should be alright.

If even above is not possible then only option is getting 2nd hand components from olx in your city.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I wonder why do you want to upgrade at the first place. Looking at existing 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM and AMD HD7750, your given requirements should already be sufficed by your current system.
Is there any fault going on in your existing system or do you currently have a weak CPU?

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I wonder why do you want to upgrade at the first place. Looking at existing 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM and AMD HD7750, your given requirements should already be sufficed by your current system.
Is there any fault going on in your existing system or do you currently have a weak CPU?
I don't know which is faulty but any of the componen(cpu cpu or mobo) is faulty. Must be mobo. PC restart after few seconds and it happening for infinite times. So I need at least cpu+mobo+ram. I never went any pc technician and have no idea regarding pc repairing so I planning to bu new combo.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I don't know which is faulty but any of the componen(cpu cpu or mobo) is faulty. Must be mobo. PC restart after few seconds and it happening for infinite times. So I need at least cpu+mobo+ram. I never went any pc technician and have no idea regarding pc repairing so I planning to bu new combo.

It can also be your PSU as well. In that case, buying new mobo won't help. You should get your motherboard and PSU checked first (seperately).

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
So which of the following will be more powerful ?

AMD RYZEN 3 2200G + ASROCKA320M HDV Motherboard + CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1D3000C16

Or

AMD ATHLON 200GE APU + ASROCKA320M HDV Motherboard + CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 + AMD HD7750 GPU

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Graphics wise 2200G can be a bit better provided you use two same ram sticks of at least 2400mhz. Processor wise 2200G is much better. Save some more & get 2200G configuration with a bit better mobo.Buying a dual core processor nowadays is not recommended unless you absolutely can't spend more & can't save more either.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Graphics wise 2200G can be a bit better provided you use two same ram sticks of at least 2400mhz. Processor wise 2200G is much better. Save some more & get 2200G configuration with a bit better mobo.Buying a dual core processor nowadays is not recommended unless you absolutely can't spend more & can't save more either.
Or
AMD RYZEN 3 1200 + ASROCK A320M HDV + 2x 4Gb DDR4 2400/3000MHz Ram + HD7750 1GB ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you already have 7750 then it is fine but just note that integrated graphics of 2200g is a bit better than 7750. Also A320 mobo does not support overclocking.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Or
AMD RYZEN 3 1200 + ASROCK A320M HDV + 2x 4Gb DDR4 2400/3000MHz Ram + HD7750 1GB
If you already have 7750 then it is fine but just note that integrated graphics of 2200g is a bit better than 7750. Also A320 mobo does not support overclocking.

2.5K more for how much extra fps in games ?
No need of OC at all.
Thank you!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Earlier 1300x used to be available for just 600-700 more than 1200. 1300x has better stock speeds plus it has more overclocking potential(the main difference between x & non-x ryzen,unless you are very unlucky the x processor will overclock more than non-x but again difference depends on your luck).

You can check 2200G reviews but both 2200g & 7750 won't be able to play recent games at 1080p.

Top Bottom