Counter strike:GO

grim_fandango

Right off the assembly line
I am buying counter strike:GO and I was wondering if you neccesarily need a gaming headset for competitive play. I also wanted to know how if it needs additional downloads or updates from steam to run as I am buying it in a CD format and not digitally

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well yes the headset greatly helps during competitive play. It's crucial one hears those footsteps or any other sound when you're behind cover.

The game will be updated when you install via DVD. Usually updates are max 1GB a month but if there is a bigger update then individual updates themselves are near 500-600MB.

$hadow

Geek in making
I can't think of playing without headset. Mates shouting in the room would result on death in fraction of second if you are not hearing loud and clear.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Buying a good company gaming headset, along with good mice/mat is highly recommended for this game. Unlike COD/BF, this game is pure skills.

Like stated before, it downloads around 1-1.2 GB. But there are ways where you can copy game data from your friend's computer and use it to quickly update your game. You can do that by saving backup of CS:GO on your friend's pc, copying the backup on your system and restoring it on same.

There are other ways where you can simply copy-paste the files (without making a backup)but I am not sure how is it done, if anyone knows that method can they please post it here.

OP
G

grim_fandango

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the help guys! Now that I have finally bought cs:go, I have encountered another problem. After inserting the CD and beginning the installation, ~660 mb was installed, and the remaining 3.8 GB was download. During the process, when 1.6 GB total was downloaded, the download reset without any warning. I read up on the steam forums of this issue recurring so please suggest a solution. No detailed solution for my issue was found on steam, or maybe I didn't search hard enough, but please help me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ it's because hand probably got updated while you were downloading. Disable auto updates while downloading should help.

Top Bottom