Cost of System

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeing_737

Broken In
Hi,
I have a 14' monitor, an aurreal soundcard , speakers ,k/b, mouse,cabinet which i dont want to upgrade.

I have decided to upgrade to the following system.

AMD AthlonXP 2600+
512 MB DDDR 333 Mhz RAM
XFX Geforce 4 Ti4200 64MB DDR with TV-out
Krypton C18G-400 nForce2 Mobo(mini-ATX)
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision2 Joystick

Please give the costs of these components...

1. Which is better...2600+ or 2800+..?
2.What is power rating...or something like 350W :roll: and wht do do with it :oops: ??

Thanks

ujjwal

Padawan
The components r good ... but you may find it hard to get that gfx card (if you can find it its a good choice) and as you are going for a seperate graphix card, opt for the Krypton NF2400U which is bas e d on an nForce2 ultra chipset and costs less, lackin integrated gfx. Again, these krypton boards are tough to find :(
Value wise 2600+ is a good option, but several varieties exist, like tbreds, thortons and bartons, so find out which one you are getting. You might want to spend a little more and go for a system based on an athlon 64 2800+ as it would be more future proof and a64 prices will fall soon *forums.tech-arena.com/images/smilies/thumbup1.gif

OP
boeing_737

boeing_737

Broken In
Hi,
Well...max 15K for cost of processor, Mobo,Video card(i am not coing to change it(it is going to be XFX GF4 Ti4200 64 MB) and RAM.
I have a mini-ATX Cabinet...

So will it work out.??

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Stick to the 2600+ and try to get a Barton as its easily overclockable. the processor cost is 4.5K. Try to get an ASUS mobo. They are the best right now. An ASUS A7N8X deluxe costs u 5.4 K.

The power rating is the SMPS unit on your cabinet. Its basically used to power the different components on your system such as motherboard HDD, CD drives and so on. Its advisable to get a 400W SMPS so thar you have enough power for all your components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom