Cost Effective Replacement for CM Elite Power RS-350-PSAR-I3

amitjha

Broken In
Hey guys,

So my PSU short circuited (thanks to my kid) and now I am looking for a cost effective replacement. I am going to ditch my current desktop soon (built in 2011) so don't want to spend too much on the new PSU.

Are there any good options available under 2k?

System Config -
MotherBoard - Intel DH67BL
CPU - core i3 2nd gen
RAM - Kingston 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3 x2
HDD - 1TB WD Blue and a LG DVD Writer

Thanks in advance!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spend 3.5k & get Corsair CX450.Never skimp on psu because a bad psu has the potential of taking your processor+mobo+hdd+gfx card with it in case of a failure.You also don't want a sub 2k psu with a new system anyway.This CX450 is good enough for a mid-range system with a 6 core ryzen processor & 1660Ti graphics card.

OP
A

amitjha

Broken In
Spend 3.5k & get Corsair CX450.Never skimp on psu because a bad psu has the potential of taking your processor+mobo+hdd+gfx card with it in case of a failure.You also don't want a sub 2k psu with a new system anyway.This CX450 is good enough for a mid-range system with a 6 core ryzen processor & 1660Ti graphics card.

Thanks whitestar_999, I don't plan to build a new desktop, will be going for a laptop given my needs. That's why don't want to spend too much on something which I will not be using anymore in a few months.

While looking online came across the following models, what do you think about them -

Corsair VS450
Corsair VS350 (Priced higher than VS450?)
CM Elite V3 230V 400W
Corsair VS450 (Listed on Amazon as newer model of the above mentioned VS450)

Also, any dealers in Nehru Place who might be able to provide a better deal than online retailers?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are not going to add anything to given config(not even an entry level graphics card) then you can try this:
*www.amazon.in/Circle-Watt-CPH698-S...wer+supply&qid=1554635298&s=computers&sr=1-50

Corsair VS450 is much better but frankly speaking I don't see any point in spending ~2.4k on a psu when I know that for 3.4k I will get a much better & minimum recommended psu. Since this system is old & you are going to discard it anyway so why just save 1k(difference between VS450 & CX450),go entire way & buy a sub-1k cheap psu.

Top Bottom