Corsair 4 GB Flash Drive turns into 1.86 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

I have a Corsair 4 GB Flash drive which I have been using without any problem since the last 1.5 years. Since yesterday I have been facing problems with my flash drive as many a times its not detected by my system and even if it is, it asks me to format it. After formatting it, it started showing a total capacity of 1.86 GB and even after that accessing is a problem as it is accessible some times and undetectable the other times.

Can any one help me out of this? Is my flash drive gone bad? If yes, from where can I get it replaced as I guess thee is a 10 yr manufacturers warranty in Corsair's Flash drives.

Thank you.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1. Go to Disk Management
2. Delete the Pen Drive Partition.
3. Create a partition.

Thats it. Now see if it works. Otherwise try using the same in some other PC's if the problem persists it's time to get replaced. For more about replacing see corsair's website.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Even in Disk Management it shows a total of 1.87 GB and there is no option to delete a partition in a flash drive.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Even in Disk Management it shows a total of 1.87 GB and there is no option to delete a partition in a flash drive.

Ok. Boot through bootable XP CD. And when the partitions shows up. Just select the pendrive partition and delete it(D by default). And then just exit(F3 default). Now boot into your OS and go to Disk Management and create partition. And after creating partition, if the problem persists, its time to replace the drive(if under warranty) otherwise buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom