Cooling Pad for Dell SXPS 16

@vi

Journeyman
Hi all ! I have Dell SXPS 16. As its runs hot & making me keep it uncomfortable on my lap, i decided to buy a cooling pad.

-My config, Dell SXPS 1645 with screen size 15.5"

-Price Range upto 2500INR

-I mostly use it to keep on my lap, rather than on desk.

Thanks in advance guys :mrgreen:

jayantr7

In the zone
i'll get my studio xps 16[new model] of 73,000 INR next week.........if u keep ur laptop on ur lap then i don't think that a cooling pad wil be good as it'll be then uncomfortable keeping that also......chek on internet...

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
if u keep ur laptop on ur lap then i don't think that a cooling pad wil be good as it'll be then uncomfortable keeping that also......chek on internet...
you mean to say i can't keep it on my lap ? but i thought cooling pads are meant to keep on lap also

jayantr7

In the zone
I itself don't know clearly that using a cooling pad is comfortable for your lap or not??but by imagination,i don't suggest it if you want to get it on your lap...

:!:

rajan1311

Padawan
Yes the XPS 16 does get hot...friend has it, he had got a laptop cooler (cooling pad) but was not of much help. Dropped CPU and GPU temps by some 4C. Change the thermal paste and see, that worked much better for him..

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
haha i had also purchased the Dell XPS 1340 model in October worth Rs.70,000. I too got so much problems with that including the heat problems. Thanks to Dell i have send that laptop back after using 5 months and got my full money back!!!

definitely you can try what ever u want with the Dell laptops as there is no such seal from which they can identify what you have done. And i will prefer to recommend you to purchase a good cooling pad as these XPS all models have this kind of problems. That's reason Dell has stopped now shipping these models!!!!!

Top Bottom