Converting pdf to jpeg without loss of quality

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

How to convert image pdf's to jepgs without any loss in quality? I mean the dimensions, dpi, color mode and everything should remain the same. I tried Photoshop but some sort of loss of quality is always there. Is there a Photoshop guide for the same? I tried pixlr too but it converts the cmyk image to rgb by default.

Thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Are you referring to the quality and resolution of the original JPG image or what it ultimately gets converted to in a PDF. The two may differ.
You can try GIMP if not already tried before. Check if this open source image editor/converter can be of any help.
It accepts PDFs too to convert to XCF and then you have to reopen XCF and export as JPG.

However I am not too sure if it will preserve all attributes as you are expecting it to be.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Are you referring to the quality and resolution of the original JPG image or what it ultimately gets converted to in a PDF. The two may differ.
You can try GIMP if not already tried before. Check if this open source image editor/converter can be of any help.
It accepts PDFs too to convert to XCF and then you have to reopen XCF and export as JPG.

However I am not too sure if it will preserve all attributes as you are expecting it to be.

Nope quality degrades in that too.

sohan_92

In the zone
What type of image pdf you want to convert? Have you tried with images in pdf whether they are clickable or not? If yes, then just copy the image and paste in mspaint and save it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
What type of image pdf you want to convert? Have you tried with images in pdf whether they are clickable or not? If yes, then just copy the image and paste in mspaint and save it.
Hi-Res photos/images from pdf to jpeg. Not clickable. Paint doesnt even open pdf files.

sohan_92

In the zone
Download : [OFFICIAL] iSkysoft PDF Editor 6 Professional for Windows

Tutorial : How to Convert PDF to JPEG without Losing Quality

Sadly it is not Free. But you can use trial version though.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
@billubakra - Is the PDF in question a full photo PDF i.e. an image converted to a full page PDF and not really embedded in some document that's eventually exported as PDF? Do you have any means to access what are the attributes of the image PDF? Even if I print a photo (jpg) to a full page PDF, it can alter the size as well as DPI therein itself.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Figured a way out. When we open a PDF with Photoshop, it asks what DPI do we want. I entered 400 there and voila it gets converted to jpeg with the sane attributes. Thanks everyone for chipping in.

Top Bottom