connecting ethenet to android tablet

manishrpvv

Broken In
i have mtnl broadband connection and simle D-LINK dsl-2520-u modem+router and i want to connect internet in my intex i-buddy tablet . but i does'nt have option of ethernet in it like it is present in micromax funbook what can i do. because i don't want to purchase the wi fi router.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@manishrpvv,you must have received an OTG cable(mini-USB to USB) cable along with the Tablet,I presume.

You just need to buy an USB-to-LAN module,which will cost between and max. Rs.150/- ~ Rs.200/-.
Just connect the USB connector of OTG cable(provided by the Tablet) to one end of the USB-to-LAN module and connect the RJ-45 ethernet jack of the ethernet cable,to the RJ-45 interface of USB-to-LAN module.
Go to the sttings menu of your Tab,while the ethernet (network) is on.Provide your ISP settings as given by MTNL(login ID;Passwd;etc.)
Hopefully you could enjoy the full network access onto your Tablet,albeit at limited mobility of your position...

OP
M

manishrpvv

Broken In
@manishrpvv,you must have received an OTG cable(mini-USB to USB) cable along with the Tablet,I presume.

You just need to buy an USB-to-LAN module,which will cost between and max. Rs.150/- ~ Rs.200/-.
Just connect the USB connector of OTG cable(provided by the Tablet) to one end of the USB-to-LAN module and connect the RJ-45 ethernet jack of the ethernet cable,to the RJ-45 interface of USB-to-LAN module.
Go to the sttings menu of your Tab,while the ethernet (network) is on.Provide your ISP settings as given by MTNL(login ID;Passwd;etc.)
Hopefully you could enjoy the full network access onto your Tablet,albeit at limited mobility of your position...

THE problem is that there is NO option of ethernet in the tablet as it is present in micromax funbook

kg11sgbg

Then,wifi is your only choice or 3G USB Dongle(compatible ones)...
'

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

Will this work on phones as well? Using Xperia p along with usb otg cable...

kg11sgbg

Friends @tkin and @bhushan2k,can't say about Phones,but my VeeDee E-10 Tablet and IBerry AUXUS AX01 Tablet works perfectly,with the above mentioned setup.
Now after setting up a wifi router (used as Hotspot) to my BSNL DataOne Broadband network,I don't need the "ethernet" procedure to connect to the net.Nevertheless,both of my "El-cheapo Tablets" work ,i.e. connect to the Broadband network through "ethernet" method If I choose and desire....

Top Bottom