Connect3d Radeon X800 XL 256MB PCI-ex at $229 at tigerdirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Hi friends,

Yesterday I was browsing through the www.tigerdirect.com website and I came across the above mentioned card for $229. Actually a relative from the US is coming to India next month and I was hoping that he will get this for me. He lives in California and according to the site the total cost including shipping to San Francisco and taxes comes to around $240, that is around Rs.10600 in Indian currency. :D

I have no idea as to the import duties in India. I was looking towards this forum members to give me an idea as to the approximate duties I have to pay when this product reaches India. As you might be knowing the X800 XL brand costs around 18k in India (powercolor), I was thinking that this is a good deal. If the total cost including duties comes to within 14k to 15k (max) then I can buy it.:D If anyone has imported computer hardware like this from the US then he can give me a fair idea. I was also looking towards the mods for some help regarding this.:?:

Thanks and waiting for your comments.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Info here:

*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1476859&Sku=C261-3028 R

I made the original post from my office. And accessing online shopping malls from office is prohibited.

Delpiero

Journeyman
I think the duty will be 20-40%. So it will cost you 13 to 15K. I have never imported any hardware but these are the usual import charges that you have to pay.

Delpiero said:
I think the duty will be 20-40%. So it will cost you 13 to 15K. I have never imported any hardware but these are the usual import charges that you have to pay.
This isn't right.

digitized - You need not worry about duty as long as the total value of items do not exceed Rs 25,000. This is as per Indian Customs. The amount mentioned is per person (10 Yrs and above). Just keep you're purchase invoice handy while travelling. You're friend may have other valuable stuff/ electronics while travelling. Ask him/her about it. Laptops (1 per person, 18+Yrs) are exempted from customs duty.

More information can be found here -
*www.cbec.gov.in/cae/customs/info-trvllrs/inres_forresin.htm

-Keith

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Keith Sebastian said:
Delpiero said:
This isn't right.

digitized - You need not worry about duty as long as the total value of items do not exceed Rs 25,000. This is as per Indian Customs. The amount mentioned is per person (10 Yrs and above). Just keep you're purchase invoice handy while travelling. You're friend may have other valuable stuff/ electronics while travelling. Ask him/her about it. Laptops (1 per person, 18+Yrs) are exempted from customs duty.

More information can be found here -
*www.cbec.gov.in/cae/customs/info-trvllrs/inres_forresin.htm

-Keith

Thanks Keith, very informative post. So to summarize, as long as the total value of the computer hardware does not exceed Rs.25000, I do not have to pay any extra money to the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom