confused between moto g and xolo play 8x-1100

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I am confused between Moto G (2014) and XOLO Play 8x-1100.

How is xolo.?
Has anyone used it.
How's the sound quality of it.?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Moto G looks to be a far better buy based on the opinions I have read here and elsewhere. The only downside for Moto G from my perspective is its non user removable battery.

Xolo phones are good when they work well. Battery is probably a bit weak for that phone. Things are expected to break down and do NOT expect service for your phone. You may not get replacement battery too. So only case for recommending Xolo will be if you already have a reliable phone and want to add another feature packed phone which you can easily live without and need for a year or so. Long term prospects are bleak.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
Thanks for your reply.

You are correct

indian brands like xolo, micromax, karbonn all have same story (poor service at service centres plus poor built quality). That's what bothered me also.

I have two micromax phone and both of them developed problems within 5 months of normal usage (Mine got a new Board replaced after submitting it to service centre for 2 months, that too half functional :banghead: )

Moto G (2014) is good.
How is this Huawei Honor 6 (thinking of purchasing it in exchange offer with flipkart)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks for your reply.

You are correct

indian brands like xolo, micromax, karbonn all have same story (poor service at service centres plus poor built quality). That's what bothered me also.

I have two micromax phone and both of them developed problems within 5 months of normal usage (Mine got a new Board replaced after submitting it to service centre for 2 months, that too half functional :banghead: )

Moto G (2014) is good.
How is this Huawei Honor 6 (thinking of purchasing it in exchange offer with flipkart)

nah same issue with huawei
stick to Moto G 2014
i must say people have been getting defective models but Moto India was very quick to help resolve issues with money back or replacements or repairs wherever necessary
my friend got a defective Moto G,he got a replacement within a day

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct

Moto G (2014) is good.

Huawei is a good company........ If people can trust Xiaomi, then why not Huawei, as its older & much more established company than Xiaomi & other Indian brands

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
nah same issue with huawei
stick to Moto G 2014
i must say people have been getting defective models but Moto India was very quick to help resolve issues with money back or replacements or repairs wherever necessary
my friend got a defective Moto G,he got a replacement within a day

did he (your friend) get the replacement from motorola or flipkart ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
did he (your friend) get the replacement from motorola or flipkart ?

Im not too sure,ill get back to you on this but i think he directly contacted the service centre in Andheri East,Mumbai if im not wrong
He said the staff were very polite and helped him out properly
He had a Xiaomi Mi3 and a Galaxy S4 in the past and had bad experiences with both but Moto has been very smooth so far for him

- - - Updated - - -

Also the issue with huawei over xiaomi etc is that the international reputation of the brand isnt always applicable in India
so far Xiaomi has better reviews and service over Huawei in India if you go by reviews etc...
Huawei has yet to establish itself in India,the no of complaints regarding their service is rather high compared to other brands

Top Bottom