Confused between iPhone 5S and 6

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I don't like the cornered edges & small flattened buttons of the 6 but since it's latest, it will get special treatment for the next 2-3 years...currently I own the 4 & it's high time for an upgrade. The 5S is not much of an underperformer while being ₹10k cheaper, basically I could get the 32GB version at a price still lower than the 16GB 6 but iOS 9 may be a little heavy for the 5S but 6 is also not a huge upgrade......confused big time!!!!!!!!!!

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Also I need to get rid of my 4 & snapdeal is quoting a buyback by giving a rebate of ₹4583 but I am not sure of buying from it since heard numerous complaints though my mum recently bought some clothes and they were delivered safely.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Next iphone is stated to come up with 2 gb of ram and getting a 16GB storage phone is a bad choice coz for update 5 GB free storage will be a pain. So unless you can go for 64 GB iphone 6 better stick with 5s. Or else wait for the 6s.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Next iphone is stated to come up with 2 gb of ram and getting a 16GB storage phone is a bad choice coz for update 5 GB free storage will be a pain. So unless you can go for 64 GB iphone 6 better stick with 5s. Or else wait for the 6s.

RAM concerns are mainly on Android system. iOS and Windows Phone can manage well with limited RAM. Higher storage is required when you are away and take tons of photos and wont be near a computer to transfer it. Now flash drive manufacturers are bringing OTG drives for Apple Products. so you can transfer it to those.

if price is not a concern then go for iPhones 6, else 5S, I don't think iOS9 with have a huge performance impact on 5S.

$hadow

Geek in making
RAM concerns are mainly on Android system. iOS and Windows Phone can manage well with limited RAM. Higher storage is required when you are away and take tons of photos and wont be near a computer to transfer it. Now flash drive manufacturers are bringing OTG drives for Apple Products. so you can transfer it to those.

if price is not a concern then go for iPhones 6, else 5S, I don't think iOS9 with have a huge performance impact on 5S.

I know about the RAM consumption but since he is worried about the fact that ios9 will be heavy so I thought to point it out.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Thanks, waiting for the next iPhone will take about 4 months ,. Currently I own the 8GB iPhone 4 & boy isn't that limited...I'm done with low storage & I'm thinking of getting 128GB version of 6 but few things like it's protruding camera, slippery body are giving me chills. Meanwhile, fk is offering ₹8000 discount upon exchange of my 4 for Moto Turbo....that's a completely different shift though...I like the simplicity of iOS and would love to continue with it.
But if that device is REALLY compelling then I might reconsider my options

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I know, it's just that it's new that it will get latest updates for a longer period than 5S. Forgot to mention that fingerprint reader is the most important selling point for me to continue with iPhone instead of Android, the ability to just touch your finger and not type the damn passcode all the time is a gem

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Not into TouchWiz UI plus Samsung phones prices drop dramatically like S5 costs ₹25k & S4 ₹16.5k now, don't wanna spend ₹50k on a device whose price will drop by 50% in a year

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Not into TouchWiz UI plus Samsung phones prices drop dramatically like S5 costs ₹25k & S4 ₹16.5k now, don't wanna spend ₹50k on a device whose price will drop by 50% in a year

S6 is already for 36k with their exchange blah blah blah schemes.
W8 for price drop.

Head over to XDA and there are very good S6 custom ROMs.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
U can set up family sharing n can use on ipad or ur other members can use.

If u aren't a poweruser and if u do care about styling,Brand name etc. you can get Apple.

Name 1 thing where apple beats S6.
Not even camera.
Maybe the next iPhone can.

I am ios user but I hating my ip5 as I am writing.
I filled very limited.A lot of restrictions.

But that's my case may not be for u.

See it's jackass simple logic-
*Simplicity,Evry day need,or if u r in an enterprise network go ip6"

"Poweruse,Freedom,Best of everything get Android"

If u can w8 "i6s are expected soon."
Probably with them are Android top shots like 1+2 ,X3,etc.

3. Will be best and in urgency choose from 1 & 2 acc. To ur needs.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Android OS is complicated, I was an Android user during gingerbread days & that was a horrible experience...recently i owned an htc desire 820 but got bored with it & gave it to my bro ..for 4 months I didn't put a sim on it & I had problems syncing with the PC ..its pc suite never worked, i transferred files using windows MTP device ...that too stopped working so had to use airdroid ...
I think i've decided my mind ...I'll go with the 128GB ip6 on emi

Minion

Conversation Architect
Its your personal wish but i am a android user for 3-4 years haven't faced single problem .Transferring files from android is just easy as connecting phone to PC you don't even need a pc suit if you are on win7 and later.

Personally i don't think iPhone is any different from flagships with android neither it is easy to use as people claims their accessories are pricy even their service is expensive.

My suggestion would be one plus one.

Last edited:

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Its your personal wish but i am a android user for 3-4 years haven't faced single problem .Transferring files from android is just easy as connecting phone to PC you don't even need a pc suit if you are on win7 and later.

Personally i don't think iPhone is any different from flagships with android neither it is easy to use as people claims their accessories are pricy even their service is expensive.

One Plus Two

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have had very positive experience with Apple ASS ..my two headsets & one handset got replaced with new/refurbished ones ...trying to find that in other companies....my Asus nexus 7's screen is dead & I went to a service centre. Their infrastructure was sh!t, a bathroom sized room where two guys were sitting , one said to me that we are not sure whether your 2012 model tablet could be repaired, will inform you on phone. But they never called. I went to another service centre where they said it will cost ₹8000 to repair it. I bought it for ₹9000 (its 16GB wifi only version) & I would be spending ₹8k to repair it? Yeah sure!

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

I would've purchased oneplus one only if darn amazon would deliver to my pincode 221010

Top Bottom