Confused between 3 wifi Routers, please help.

rakz

Broken In
I am planning on buying a wifi router. However i am confused between 3 of them. Please help me on choosing the best possible one. Here's the link of all 3.

Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router
Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router - Cisco Linksys: Flipkart.com

Belkin Basic Surf (N300) Router
Belkin Basic Surf (N300) Router - Belkin: Flipkart.com

Netgear JNR3000 N300 Gigabit Router
Netgear JNR3000 N300 Gigabit Router - Netgear: Flipkart.com

And here is the URL in which i've compared all 3 of them.
Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router vs Belkin Basic Surf (N300) Router vs Netgear JNR3000 N300 Gigabit Router: Compare Routers: Flipkart.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
forget about cisco E900 & belkin.i only recommend tp-link or asus for under 5000 price range.the only advantage netgear JNR3000 has is gigabit lan & may be of use if you transfer dozens of GB of data everyday using LAN(not wifi) but if not then get this:
TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
the reason i am recommending this is because it is all-in-one device.it has adsl modem so can be used for connections of bsnl/mtnl/airtel.it has 3g usb support so can be used to share 3g usb modem connection over wifi.it has EWAN port which makes it possible to use it as a simple wifi router with cable broadband.its usb port also support media sharing,printing sharing & FTP server.

shreymittal

Being Human
I also want to buy a wireless without modem router but under Rs. 1500.

Get *www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-wr841n-300mbps-wireless-n-router/p/itmd7hn9cw5y3h3k?affid=jimishjoba
Suggested by whitestar_999
EDIT: This post has been edit because of wrong info by me. My Bad:oops:

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
W8968 i suggested above costs ~2700 & is an all-in-device which also has a modem.for 1500 budget get this which costs 1700 on flipkart(lower in local market):
TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Guys which company's routers are better:
D-Link, Belkin, Asus, TP-LINK, Netgear. They all have routers in the price of under Rs. 1500.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I am using Cisco router and I experience packet drops occasionally...not sure if its the issue with the ISP.

OP
rakz

rakz

Broken In
Sorry for the late reply. As suggested by whitestar_999 I ordered TP-Link TD-W8968 via flipkart. They told it would take 9 days to deliver. And on the 9th day I received a call from them saying its not available. Later I buyed from a local shop for Rs.2300 instead of 2700 which was on Flipkart. And I must say its indeed a very good featured Router. Only thing that makes me disappointed is that range is not so good since it has only a 3 dbi antenna as compared to 5dbi which is available in other routers. Thanks once again whitestar_999

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
usually all tp-link modem/router above 2000 & below 5000 use dual/triple 3dbi antenna.range depends on many factors like construction material/building design etc & it is completely possible that the same router you are using can show a greater range in another house/area of same size.also 5dbi antenna model are single antenna model & the cheapest dual 5dbi antenna model from tp-link costs ~5500-6000.

donga

Right off the assembly line
Actually, Linksys was bought by Cisco, so you can say you are buying Linksys routers that are produced by Cisco now....

Top Bottom