Configuration at 30k

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:The main purpose is setting up a gaming server to play Counter strike 1.6 and counter strike condition zero with zero lag.Rest is general usage..web browsing,MS office and printing.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Budget is 30k.Can be extended to 35k
3. Planning to overclock?
Anss:No
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans.Windows 8.1
<b>5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I have a Dell IN2020M monitor.I will reuse it.
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I will not buy keyboard and mouse,DVD writer,Speakers.

<8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes I have built one.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Raipur.I prefer to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I want a server which runs the Counter Strike server at zero lag.

OP
S

siddhant.dash007

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:The main purpose is setting up a gaming server to play Counter strike 1.6 and counter strike condition zero with zero lag.Rest is general usage..web browsing,MS office and printing.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Budget is 30k.Can be extended to 35k
3. Planning to overclock?
Anss:No
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans.Windows 8.1
<b>5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I have a Dell IN2020M monitor.I will reuse it.
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I will not buy keyboard and mouse,DVD writer,Speakers.

<8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes I have built one.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Raipur.I prefer to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I want a server which runs the Counter Strike server at zero lag.
Also suggest a SSD for the config.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i3 4150 -7500,
Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -11800,
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB 1600MHz -2700,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Deepcool Tesseract -2700,
Corsair CX500 -3500.
TOTAL -37,000.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i3 4150 - 7k (?)
Gigabyte GA H81 USB3 - 4k
GT 730 - 5k
Antec VP450p - 2.5k
WD Blue 1 TB - 3.5k
Deepcool Tesseract - 3k
Corsair Vengeance 4GB - 3k
Samsung Evo 850 128GB - 5.5k

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can I consider 8GB or 16GB?

Buying them would be a waste of money, get the Samsung 840 Evo 120 gb ssd and 750 ti minimum. for rest of the config, go with [MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION]'s suggestion.

Edit: you won't require GPU for CS 1.6, i can play it on my 7 year old lenovo r61 with >30 fps in lowest settings. :lol: But do consider the 750 ti just in case if you play other games too. Add the GPU later.

OT: I'm from Raipur too. :thumbs:

Last edited:

DK_WD

WD Official
Hey siddhant.dash007,

I agree with SaiyanGoku. As per your need, I‘d also recommend you not to go with high configuration for the basic game. If you are planning to play other games like COD, GTA5 and etc, then go with the GPU and SSD.

In terms of CS lagging, Intel P4 and 1GB RAM are good enough to run. If there is a lagging, please check your network configuration, as it may be due to a bottleneck somewhere on the network itself. The motherboard [MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION] suggested already has LAN card capable of 1000Mbit.

According to my opinion, no need to go for SSD in the basic system. The SSD will improve loading times but not much else. It is flash memory and access information much faster as there are no moving parts such as the drive head that reads a disk. As for other performance, you should not see a significant impact in graphic processing.

Hope it helps.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Buying them would be a waste of money, get the Samsung 840 Evo 120 gb ssd and 750 ti minimum. for rest of the config, go with [MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION]'s suggestion.

Edit: you won't require GPU for CS 1.6, i can play it on my 7 year old lenovo r61 with >30 fps in lowest settings. :lol: But do consider the 750 ti just in case if you play other games too. Add the GPU later.

OT: I'm from Raipur too. :thumbs:
750Ti will be wasted for CS.

Top Bottom